❄ four

we were all gathered in the recording site once again. this time, the chairs have been removed and everyone's wearing their level sweaters. i looked behind me and saw orange, yellow, green and grey.

i jutted my lower lip out. to be frank, my favorite color is in the f rank and i would love to be in f just to wear the grey sweater. pink and orange had never been my colors.

i looked at the row of orange people behind me and i waved at daniel hyung and woojin. i could not help but wonder what will daniel hyung look like if he gets to rise up to a.

wouldn't his hair and his sweater match, as they're both pink? i would be willing to call him peach if that happens.

i was tapped in my shoulder and i smiled at daehwi. "what is it?" "i'm hungry." i laughed a bit. "you didn't get to eat back in the dorm, dae?"

he shook his head.

and i whispered to him, "i have some snacks in my bag hidden." his eyes almost seemed to sparkle and he nodded.

looks we like we already have a plan.

yumi and seokhoon entered the stage with mics in their hands. "from today on, the title song practice will begin," he began, "we're giving you ten minutes. using your talents and ability, it's your job to memorize the song."

the music was played and i tapped my foot and snapped my fingers to get the song into my head. i was able to get the hang of the melody during the second verse. daehwi and i sang some of the parts together so that we can get the hang of it.

"it's actually really good.", i agreed with what he said. i have to be honest. i love the last season's pick me but this one is better to me. i am still wondering who composed this.

i was called by daniel hyung. "what is it?", i asked him. "we need some help with the song.", he smiled a bit and i nodded. "we can sing it together. i'll try my best to point out some things."

daniel hyung, jaehan hyung, jisung hyung and woojin were with me and we were singing the song together. "jaehan hyung, woojinnie, you guys fit the song well."

jisung hyung whined, "what about me?" we chuckled. "hyung, you suit it too! i'm wondering why you are in f when you can be in c or b!"

"and daniel hyung is a bit under the pitch but it's good to listen to. the song will sound great if you sing it naturally."

we continued to practice in the short time we got. after ten minutes, we returned to our lines, yumi and seokhoon entered the stage once again. their eyes held expectations.

and then i realized what was happening.

"now we'll hear the song from each group." i gritted my teeth a bit as i calmed myself down, trying to sing the song softly so i can remember it when they're infront of me.

as expected, we were the first ones to be evaluated. we sang it as much as we can, though some of us are rappers so they could not get the pitch right. overall, i think we did a good job.

b was the next one and when i heard it, i had to prevent myself from chewing my lower lip. they received a compliment, saying that we should get scared. i scoffed a bit. i masked it with a cough.

deciding such thoughts will only keep me disturbed, i went back on practicing the song. though dancing is my strong point, my vocal trainers back in sm and big hit said i was good in singing, it just needs a little improvement.

everyone safely passed the singing evaluation and kwon jaeseung and kahi entered. i smiled a bit. it was time for dancing.

"now, we will learn the hook part of the dance," kahi spoke and i felt the other trainees tense a bit. as we saw the dance before we went to the dorms, they said it was hard.

but nothing's hard if you don't think of it as hard, right?

a few dancers came in. jaeseung and the dancers demonstrated the dance and taught us the counting for it. some of them dropped their jaws a bit as they saw how hard the dance was. some had blank expression and dead ones too.

i was impressed with what the person who was able to make such a choreography. it was pure gold!

we were then given ten minutes to learn the part thoroughly before we present it to the dance trainers.

"daehwi - yah," he turned around to look at me, "can you sing the part for me?"

as he sang, i did the choreography that was taught to us, counting to myself silently. some of the a level trainees saw this and cheered, making the other levels look.

i lost in my own world when i danced and when it stopped, daehwi was smiling at me. "that was awesome! how did you do that?" i chuckled a bit and answered, "i have photographic memory."

it was true, i have photographic memory and it helps really well when i see choreographies.

"axel! can you help us?", some trainees called out to me and i left my line to go to them. i slowly taught them the dance but we were cut short when the ten minute period ended so suddenly.

"gather around, everyone," jaeseung shocked me, "now you will dance by groups."

and again, we were the first ones to go. everyone was paying attention to us and it made me nervous a little bit. they were expecting us to do well, especially since it is a level.

as we were dancing, i thought that the sooner i do this, the faster it will be over so i let the music take over me and i just move accordingly to what i saw.

and everyone cheered and was shocked when we were finished. i'm taking guesses that we did the hard part well.

"really, a level deserves that a."

i heard someone say that but i chose to ignore it. i smiled as i watched the other levels try their best to dance to the choreography and it made me proud.

that night, i climbed to my bed and took my trainee log, beginning to write what i thought of.

[ to be continued ]

aye fam! this is quite a short chapter, i guess but i hope you guys like it.

please continue to show support in everyone in produce 101 and they all deserve to be recognized bc they are all really talented.

how did you find this chapter? i hope you guys like it! an update will arrive soon!

here is my favorite position evaluation performance, downpour!

the way that jisung encourage hyunbin is commendable. jisung and hyunbin shouldn't be hated. they're all precious.

love them all!

also congratulations to bts as they were the first kpop group to ever receive a bbma and they also broke the winning streak of bieber with a large gap! i am so proud of my boys!