She couldn't bare the thought of him leaving her again and wrapped her arms around his waist and cried into his chest. He could feel her racing heartbeat and rubbed her back trying to calm her.

After a couple minutes of holding the girl, Klaus pull away."Let's go eat. Shall we."

He kissed the top of her head.

***

The pair walked into the dining room and everyone smiled at the girl. Her eyes were bloodshot from crying but, no one made a comment. Klaus sat across from Rebekah who was sitting beside Kol, Freya was at one end of the table and Elijah at the other. Klaus knew Klaira would want to sit next to him so, he saved her the seat beside him. The vampires in the house had listened to what happened upstairs and gave her understanding and comforting looks.

"Alright darling, you sit here." He gestured to her seat and she took it slowly. It was silent since no one knew what to say. Klaira couldn't speak so, it was hard for them.

Klaira stared at the food in front of her. She had never eaten anything other than slop and rotten food in ages. The sixteen year old's lip quivered again and Klaus rubbed her thigh.

"Look this is a fork." Klaus said picking up the utensil and placing in her hand." You eat with it. See."

He scooped up some mashed potatoes and put it in his mouth and smiled. He felt as if he were teaching a baby how to eat by themselves. She did the same as him. She felt proud as they all smiled in return and continued eating like the rest of her new family. That was the first time she ever felt normal.

"While we eat shall we teach her our names?" Rebekah suggested smiling.

"That's sounds like a great idea." Nik said and glanced at Klaira.

"I'll go first." Kol said," Me Kol."

Klaira chuckled at his attempt to teach her how to speak. She's heard English before. She wasn't a caveman. She may not have known his name but, he have to say it as if she was an alien.

They all stared at her surprised.

"What?" She asked them about to shove more food in her mouth.

"You can speak?" Freya asked her wide-eyed. Klaira only knew a couple words but, she didn't understand what Freya had just asked her. So, she shrugged.

"Do you understand?" Elijah asked her. She shook her head.

"I'm guessing she only knows a little bit then." Klaus said faking a smile. "Finish your dinner and I'll teach you after."

***

After dinner, Klaus and Klaira went into his study. She was trying to learn everyones names but, she had a poor memory at the moment. Klaus held a picture frame with everyone inside. Pointing to one and waiting for her to answer.

"Fria?" Klaira tried.

"Fr-ay-ya." Klaus smiled.

"Freya." Klaira said proud. It took her about twenty minutes but, she got one right.

"Perfect. That was good." Klaus said and pointed to another person.

"Eli-" She said but got cut off by someone at the door.