Seriously, a Flat Tire?!?

Simon kept driving down the road ignoring the signs of impending doom and my attempts to help his awful driving skills. Although he didn't listen to my warnings and advice. It was going ok until suddenly the car jerked to the side. I thought it was just Simon being Simon until I looked over and saw the look on his face. "Probably a flat tire." I thought aloud. Simon nodded and we got out of the car to inspect the damage.

There was a nail sticking out of it. "You got a spare?" I questioned, he looked around and sighed.

I went back to the car door and grabbed my phone. I dialed Emily's number and waited.

"Hey chica, what's up?" I sighed and looked back at the tire.

"Well, we have a flat tired and don't have a spare. There's a nail poking out of the one we ha..." I was cut off when Simon rudely grabbed the phone from my hand.

"Will you have Trevor pull over behind us? This is Simon and you are now on speaker." I just poked at his cheek until he threatened to bite them.

"Yeah, your on speaker with Trevor now too. How'd you manage a flat tire."

"Well," I smiled sheepishly with an evil glint in my eyes. "Do you wanna tell her or me?" He just looked down at the phone and promptly hung up. "Why on earth would you do that?" I questioned, sarcasm dripping in my tone. He rolled his eyes and got in the car.

He looked at me through the window and then promptly locked it in my face. I glared at him and started to reach for my phone when I realized he had taken that too. I gave him the angriest glare I could muster before turning my back on him and crossing my arms throwing a mini tantrum.

I began to reflect on today's events. My parents...are in a better place now? I think, yeah. I'm actually not sure, I don't think my brain has fully wrapped around the idea of them being gone. I sigh and sit down outside the car. I feel my eyes begin to water then think back to the fact that I never said "I love you" to them. Then I find out that my best friend is a werewolf! And I'm not human, none of my friends are. In fact they were only assigned to me because they're my "protectors". I don't even know what that means! I find myself crying and my breath becoming shorter. I start to hyperventilate and begin to see black dots but Simon starts to yell my name. He helps guide me through my minor panic attack. 

"Shh baby girl. It's ok. Just breathe, in and out. It's ok..." he kept repeating things into my hair as he held me close. I was grateful that he stayed with me and the fact that I had managed to get my hair out of my mouth.

"I never said anything to them on the phone..." I didn't have to explain more because Simon just looked down at my face and held me as I sobbed.

"Babygirl, they knew that you loved them. You didn't have to tell them. Stop feeling guilty, it wasn't your fault." He told me sternly but still spoke with care. I nodded against his chest. I heard tires screech against the pavement and saw Trevor's truck pull up.

I was so tired and Simons warm arms didn't help me to stay awake either. I heard them talking and then Simon tell me to just sleep. I slowly felt my conscience slip away into darkness.

Dream

"Evelyn." I heard my voice being called from somewhere. Where am I? All I can see is darkness. What's going on?

"Hello?" I asked hesitantly. I heard something coming from my right wait no left. I heard the scuff again although it sounded like it was right in front of me.

"Evelyn." The same creepy voice called out almost in a singsong tone. "Evelyn, it's your fault they're dead. He was after you!" The voice snarled. It felt like something pushed me back but next thing I know I'm laying on the ground. I wanted to scream but the noise was stuck in the back of my throat.

I get up and try to run but I'm not going anywhere. I can feel my breath start to stagger and I try to stop running but can't. I want to say anything, I want this to end. "You didn't even tell them you loved them."

I felt something creep behind me and my legs were still pumping, much to my dismay. Next thing I know, I'm flying through the air and hit something firm. "They know..."I began but was cut off when I felt something wrap around my neck.

I clawed at the invisible force cutting off my oxygen. "E!" I heard someone tell from a distance but I ignored their pleas. I felt someone shaking me awake.

"I must let you go for now my dear but know that I'm never to far." The voice let out a chuckle. Not the innocent "I just got ice cream" chuckle the "I just killed my bunny". I took in a gulp of oxygen as the force released my throat. I was then picked up and thrown back down. Someone then kicked me as I screamed. I finally listened to the shaking hands and was finally released form this nightmare.

"Si-Simon?" I asked hesitantly. I was tackled in a hug from someone.

"E...What happened? You were screaming your head off and I didn't know what to do. Are you ok? Are those bruises? How did that happen, babygirl?" He fired questions at me and I couldn't answer them myself because I didn't even know what had happened.

"Umm...well I fell asleep in your arms," I had recalled the dream from start to finish. "The voice sounded familiar. I think it was the one from the phone call before my parents...the gun...the-" Simon grasped my hand and nodded.

"We need to go. Now!" Simon said hastily. I didn't know what was going on and that's when I realized that Trevor and Emily were there as well. "He's already made contact with her. We need to go before he does it again. We can't risk it, she'll be safe there." I saw that Trevor nodded and headed for the car.

I got up and started walking to the car again. When we got in Simon said we were fifteen to thirty minutes out. I just leaned my head on the window and looked out at the moon. Simon reached down and turned on the radio. I hummed along with the music.

"Simon, where exactly are we going?"

"Well, E, we are going to the place I like to think of as home. It is a camp for kids like us. They teach us and train us for the real world. Our parents were a few of the founders at the academy, Blair's academy. I nodded and looked out the window again. "It's going to look differently on the outside than it actually is, ok?" I found myself nodding.

"So your a werewolf, huh?"

He chuckled. "That's how long it took you to ask." He gave me a smile showing his dimples. "Well, yes, yes I am a werewolf."

"Ok hot stuff I want some more information." I laughed as he stuck out his tongue at me.

"Well for starters I have better senses. Like sight, hearing, and smell. I can turn into a wolf. My wolfs name is Cole. We have a thing called mates. Ok explain more later, anything else you would like to know?"

"Ohhh! What's your wolfs color?" Simon chuckled at my excitement and told me dark brown.

We had arrived at some rusty gates. There was ivy growing all over and over by a big tree there was a small sign that read "Blair's Academy". I couldn't believe that this was it, my saving grace? "E, what did I tell you about first impressions." Simon muttered but I heard him clear as day.

I have him a funny look. He pulled up to the gates and we waited for the truck to pull up behind us and sure enough it did. Our car slowly lurched forward and slowly the darkness became color and the rust was no longer there. I could see the light! Literally because the sun moved out from behind the clouds. "Close your mouth, lollipop."

I looked over at him and he let out a deep bellow. "I thought we were done with the nicknames." I whined with a smile. He laughed and continued driving until we reached a big building. "Woah.."I muttered to no one in particular.

"So this here is our first stop. It's the main headquarters. Well office that is, our "principle" stays here. She's more of a leader or guidance councilor. She's very laid back and chill. If that makes sense. Anyway her name is Cassie Evans or Ms. Evans when your in trouble." We got out of the car and headed towards the doors. Emily and Trevor joined us on the path. We reached the steps leading up o the office door.

We walked up the stairs and I reached for the handle, I could tell that my life was changing. I can't say right now wether it's good or bad but it's definitely changing. I took a deep breath preparing myself for what was to come.