18: The Beginning of the End

I wasn't like this before. I was a mere human. I was always a human. I was driven by evil and that's how I stayed. A human but even better. I remember the encounter, very clearly. 

My parents, were dying in front of me. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't see. There was nothing I could do, but watch. Just, simply, watch. I wasn't the first of the royal line in my family to summon something so dark. But, I did. I had to. I had to get back at them. 

"What would you like to call me?" He smiled beautifully, as if the world was at peace again. I felt nothing but love, no danger... although I knew what my life would end up. I knew, but I didn't care, this was my last shot. 

"Jay." I smiled. 

He raised his eyebrow, "Jay? That seems a little plain don't you think?" 

I chuckled, "I wanted to name my Dog that, when I was young... but I never got a dog. Everyone was too busy." I sighed. "But, you're my dog now." I laughed. 

He grimaced and gave me a disgusted look, "Don't you ever call me a dog again." 

I smiled. "Can you help me?" I raised my little arms that were bound by handcuffs. 

"You want... to be one of them?" He tilted his head to side, like a dog. 

I nodded. "I can't do anything if I'm a human." 

He snarled, "You want to be one of those graceless creatures?" He scoffed. 

I nodded again. A tear escaped my eye. 

He shrugged, "I can do that. But, you have to know one thing, I can serve you for many years... what I cannot do, is save you. I am not obliged to save you if something were to happen when you're in that state. If you're a defenseless human, then I can save you. Do you understand? Once, you die, I take your life from you. Is that clear? Only I can take it. Until then, you live. Clear?" 

"As crystal." 

He smiled and brought his wrist up to my lips. "Now, only for about 5 minutes. No more, no less." 

I pouted, "What happens if I do?" 

He sighed loudly, "Do I have to explai-" He looked at my face, "Okay I guess I do. If less, you become an incomplete corpse. It's a nasty thing, the equivalent to a zombie. Your body just dies... basically. It's disgusting and smelly. If more, you just simply die. Your little body cannot take a Demon's blood that easily. It hasn't been done and it never will, as it seems. I can only do this much for you. You don't get any powers, you're not Edward Cullen." I snorted and laughed. He simply smiled at my 16 year old face. "You will age. Beautifully, actually. No wrinkles. No anything. Simply, ageless. BUT you will die like a regular human at the age of 150. A little longer than most human, but I cannot give you eternal life. Now, at your dying age... if you were to, you know ask for me again, like this favor... I can turn you into a Demon. If that is what you wish, at that time. Until then, you live to 150 and your life is mine. Good?" 

I took in a deep breath, "Good." I exhaled and bit. 

It was sweet. Not sour. Not bitter. Sweet. Like chocolate. You almost seemed to get addicted to this sweetness. My mind wandered off, into the evil's of the world. I did this for SungHwa. I shouldn't of left to America. If I only knew my parents were to die in this stupid country. I would of convinced them to stay. Min Woo, I can't forgive you. I can't forgive SungHwa, either. Not their families, fighting for the royalty line my father carried. No. I couldn't forgive any of them for taking away my family. This is what I had to do, this is what I made and brought to do. This is my family. This is my life. I'm saving it. Even if it means, I become them.