#3 : The Beginning

I didn't know him as Gray, I knew him by his real name Lee Sung Hwa. 

I had moved from China to Korea when I was three, although I had moved from China I am not Chinese. But, Spaniard/Korean/Japanese . My parents are doctors, my mother being a Spaniard Mid Wife and Pediatric Surgeon  and my father being a Korean-Japanese Cardio Thoracic Surgeon. They're the most cringe worthy couple you'll ever meet. Their love story is seriously straight out of a drama. We moved to Korea because my grandma was sick, she later died and left us with her house. After much thinking, my parents decided to stop living out of a suitcase and settle down with their kids. My parents participate in relief programs, helping out the poor and giving free medical attention along with other doctors and nurses. Despite being doctors and helping out, they always had time for my brothers and sisters. You could say we were the perfect family. 

That's when I met him. Mr. Lee Sung Hwa. 

* Italics, speaking in korean. * 

There was a knock on our door, my dad went to go get it. "Oh, Hello."   He greeted someone at the door. 

"Hello, we're your neighbors." I heard a lady's voice. 

"Oh, really? Come on in!" He let the lady come in. 

"Amor! (Love) Our neighbor is here." I heard his booming voice. My mom gave me a confused face and went to greet the lady. I went trailing behind her. 

"Oh hello," She greeted in English. She bowed. "Oh who's this?" She motioned to the little boy hugging her leg. 

The mother looked at my dad for a translation, "She asked about your son" He translated. She nodded, "His name is Lee Sung Hwa, he's three years old

"Oh! He's the same age as you princess." My dad looked at me. "Greet Him." I rolled my eyes. 

"Hello, my name is Yamato Rosa Kim" I folded my hands together and bowed. 

"She speaks perfect Korean." She praised. "Come on, your turn." She tapped his arm.

"My name is Lee Sung Hwa" He said shyly still holding onto his mom's leg. 

"I'm sorry," She bit her lip. 

"It's okay, sorry my Korean is a little rusty" My mom chimed in, "Please, sit. Do you want anything to drink?"  

"No, no that's okay. We just came to greet you all and welcome you. I heard about your grandma and that you have a girl the same age as my Sung Hwa." 

My mom looked at my dad and raised a brow, "You know her?" 

"Uhm, yeah. We dated in High School, it was a long time ago." He shrugged. 

My mom smiled bitterly. "Well, you are welcome here, whenever you want." She put her hands behind her back and squeezed really tight. I tapped her hand, a sign we always did when we knew the other was angry, we tapped on their hand to let go. She smiled warmly and giggled. 

"Of course, maybe we can get our kids together one day, your daughter is awfully beautiful."  

My mom smiled and nodded, "Of course, she's MY daughter." She whispered. 

I giggled, she looked at me and we both giggled. 

"What are you two giggling about?" My dad raised his brow. 

"Nothing." We said at the same time. We laughed. 

The lady smiled and chuckled, "You have a beautiful family,

"Yup, but they sure have a temper on them." He chuckled, "It's nice to see you again.

She nodded. "I'll see you later, if you need anything I live next door. We'll leave first." She bowed. 

Sung Hwa kept staring at me the entire time, I stuck my tongue out at him. He flinched and did the same. 

"Sung Hwa, bow." He stared daggers at me, I did the same. He bowed bitterly and left along with his mom. 

"That was interesting," My mom said awkwardly as he closed the door.

"Tell me about it," My dad rubbed the nape of his neck. 

"Tell me about her, i'm curious." My mom said sitting down on the couch with her chin in her hands. 

He chuckled, "You're jealous, aren't you?" He raised a brow. 

"Of course not," She scoffed, "I'm going to go unpack and get clothes ready for my interview." She said getting up, "Pft. Me? Jealous? Yeah right! Idiot."  

"I can hear you!" My dad said. 

"Good!" She laughed. 

My dad looked at me, "Your mom is crazy." He whispered. 

"I heard that!" She yelled from the room. 

"Good!" He yelled back. We laughed.