Annabeth

I walked into school, and it felt like I had taken a weight off my shoulders. There were more, but that would take longer to lift. I went to stop by Percy's locker, and saw another girl next to him. Drew.
Drew is like everyone you've ever hated mixed into one. She's horrible. I went to go rescue Percy from Drew, but he did something I never thought was possible.

He kissed her.

I felt betrayal, again. I felt like this was jus another Luke moment happening again, and only this time, I couldn't run. I couldn't even breath. Sure, I wasn't dating Percy, but I wanted to. I wanted the hugs, the kisses, all the relationship promises. But instead, he had given them to Drew. Instead of string any longer, I rushed to first period. English. With Percy. I wiped at my eyes and put on a smile as I passed Thalia and Reyna. Percy sat down next to me. I ignored him and went back to reading Paper Towns. At least Margo could have an escape. I couldn't. I had no where to go, nobody to talk to. Percy 'accidentally' bumped my arm. As soon as the bell rang, I short out of class. Screw class. I ran to the library, when I had a hiding spot there. In order for the librarians to hold all the books that couldn't fit on the shelves, they had a closet. It was perfect. I snuck in, and let the silent tears fall. I was stupid for believing he loved me. All those kisses, meaningless. All the secrets that we shared, just extra gossip for him to pass around.
I hugged my knees to my chest.
Slowly, the door creaked open.
Percy stepped in.
I shot him a death glare. "Get out."
He didn't move.
"Annabeth, hear me out."
I said nothing and stared at my shoes.
"That kiss was nothing. Drew was just flirting with me, and kissed me."
Again, I stayed silent.
"Annabeth, I hate Drew with every inch of my heart. But you know what?"
I looked up at him, tears staining my vision.
"What?"
"I like you, Annabeth Chase. You. Not Drew, or anyone else. You."
I wiped a tear away. "And I love you, Percy Jackson."
He leaned forward, and kissed me.
We had to pull away. "I thought we weren't dating." He teases.
I playfully punched him. "Don't make me change my mind.
And together hand in hand, we walked down the halls, ignoring the stares and the whispering. Instead, we focused on our love, and nothing else. Nothing could ruin it.

At least, that's what I thought. Until I saw someone at the front doors.