Percy

I groaned as I heard the familiar scream of my alarm clock.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I smacked the clock and it silenced. I rolled out of bed to get dressed. After I did that, I grabbed my backpack and basically ran out the door. Gabe would be awake soon enough, so I ran.

TIME LASPE

My lock squeaked as I put in the same combo I've had for months now. I turned around as I heard a familiar laugh behind. No, not the one I've heard for weeks around Piper and Jason, but an old one. One that brought me back to California, at my old school. The one that had me smiling every time I heard because the joy was contagious, almost. My head whipped around. Even though I knew it could be impossible, I knew I was expecting her as I turned around.

Annabeth Chase.

I tried to hide my shock. But, out of impulse, i pulled her inside the nearest thing.
A supply closet.
"What do you think you're doing here?" I demeaned.
"I could ask you the same thing." She prompted. Her voice never changed. It was strict, but yet pleasant. A sweetness about it.
"I believe I'm not the one who vanished out of California. "
She was taken aback for a moment.
"I didn't vanish. I had...reasons."
"Like what? You had friends, good grades, Luke,"
She flinched. Hard.
"Luke.." Her voice was strained.
"Is no longer my boyfriend."
I nodded. I knew what is was like to have your heart shattered, ripped out. It happened when Annabeth got with Luke. "I have to go. Class." Before I could stop her, Annabeth slipped out of my grasp and left.

I wasn't going to lose her again.