Percy

I leaned my back against my locker, trying to recall anything that had happened.
The kiss.
Oh, yeah. Just a tiny kiss with a girl I've been crushing on for two years.
No pressure, right?
I tried to come up with some idea to tell her my true feelings. But it was hard. Especially when she hates me. It's not like I did anything wrong. I'm not the one who drove her away.
Wait.
What if I brought her back?
A plan was forming in my mind. Before I could think, I ran to Annabeth's locker and pulled her into a stairwell, which apparently lead to the roof.
"What?!?" She shrieked.
"Hear me out." I pleaded.
"Why should I?"
"I can help you."
She folded her arms and sighed. "Fine."
"Listen, I heard a rumor about your past. Some kids got a few phone numbers, and are asking around."
She stiffened.
"They have an idea about...him."
"So?"
"We prove them wrong. There's a big gala going on and the whole school is going for scholarships. If you move on..."
She seemed to scan the air like there was invisible equations.
"Deal. One condition."
I nodded. "What?"
"We are not dating."
"Deal."I shook her hand.
"And since we're out here, teach me how to dance."
I smiled. I grasped her warm hand in mine and slowly shuffled back and forth. Soon enough, she was smiling and getting the hang of it.
"And you say you can't dance." She laughed, a pure sound of pleasantness. But just then, crazy enough, she fell, pulling my with her. We looked at each other and just burst out laughing. I stared into her stormy grey eyes. But instead of darkness and cloudy eyes, these were bright and full of light and happiness.
I squeezed her hand.
"Would you like to come to my house for dinner?" I asked, preparing for a no.
"I'd love to."