7.

Author's note: Thank ya for 2,1k reads!!! 💫💫

Ava's POV

His face is a breath away from mine.

I expect him to pull away immediately, but he doesn't...
He just stares at me...

God.

Can he be any more weird?

It's been what? About four minutes and all he does is stare at me.

I try to move from his arms and he drops me on the ground!

Asshole. I bet he did that on purpose.

He finally snaps out of his stare and bends down to help me up, by offering his hand.

"Sorry, I didn't do it on purpose." He apologizes.

Yeah like I'm gonna believe him anyway.

I take his hand. I'm not that stupid to refuse his help and embarrass myself once again.

He picks me up.

"There sit on this chair." He points at the chair that's right next to the door.

I bet I could just open the door and run if I wanted to.
Yeah right, I probably would fall on my face again, escaping is impossible. And yet he doesn't really act like he's going to keep me here, maybe he just wants to kill me and burry in the back yard.

Or I just watch too many thrillers. Either way I'm confused as shit.

"You're doing some intense thinking over there, aren't you?" He comments with a smirk.

"Yes, actually I am. Something tells me you don't do it very often."

"I don't do what exactly?" Xavier asks looking at me.

"Think." I respond and he laughs.

Laughs. Wow.

That's kinda creepy. I would never imagine Mafia lords that laugh like they really heard something funny. At least I don't know any that act this way.

"That was funny!" He says and makes his way up to me.

"No, no it wasn't that funny. When was the last time you heard a joke?"

'Probably a long time ago."

"Well, go on YouTube and watch Ryan Higa or something. You really need to work on your laugh."

Xavier laughs again and hands me my phone, which he just took out of his back pocket.

"I don't think my laugh is your biggest concern right now." His playful expression fades.

I take the phone and wait for him to go out.

"Yeah right um.. There's clothes in this back if you want to change."

"Why would I want to get changed?"

He just points at my shirt and I look down at my shirt to find it having a large blood stain on it.

"Oh, okay."

Xavier leaves me and I hear his footsteps fading away. I try to remove my shirt from my body but I can't even lift my left arm which is bound with a bunch of white bandages.

"Fuck." I hiss under my breath it's impossible to take this damn T-shirt of without any help.
Maybe I should ask Xavier to help.. No absolutely, not. No way I'm getting half naked in front of him. I guess I could just stay with the same shirt, but there is this huge blood stain on it.

After minutes of battling with myself I decide to lower my pride,once again may I add, and ask for Xavier's assistance.

Just as I was about to get up and go find him, someone knocks on the door.

"Are you dressed?" Xavier asks.

"Actually, no"

"Um, okay I'll give you some time."

"No, no get in." Really Ava? God, I sound like a needy girlfriend.

"Uh, are you sure?"

"Yeah"

He opens the door and enters the room with closed eyes.

I laugh.

"Open your eyes dude."
Xavier slowly opens his eyes.

"Why didn't you get changed?"

"It's kinda hard to lift my arm, so... I can't take my shirt of."
I say and I can feel my face getting red by every passing second.

"And you want me to help you? Are you sure?"
He asks in disbelief.

I don't blame him though, if the situation was any different I wouldn't even consider it.

" Do you see anybody else in the room?" I respond trying to play it off.

"I guess not."

He picks up the bag from the floor, opens it and takes a random shirt. He approaches me and stands a hair away from my face.

"I'm going to lift your arms now."

"Okay." I breath

Xavier rises my good arm first then does the same lightly touching the other one. I can feel his fingers at the end of my shirt tagging it, he slowly takes it off.

I sneak a pick at his face only to find his eyes closed.

I guess he didn't look after all.

He puts on the clean piece of clothing with his eyes remaining closed.

Maybe he isn't such a jerk after all...

Hey guys!

Missed me?? Because I missed you!

Did you like this chapter?
I know it wasn't my best, it was kinda short and not a lot of things happened....

Sorry

Promise the next will be better!

Byeeeeee 💜💜💜