It's A Dance (19)

"Take the giant shirt off or I will take it off for you," Landon growled playfully while stalking towards me. My arms wrapped tighter around my waist as my feet slowly moved backward in the hot sand. He followed me step for step in his blue swim trunks like a predator about to capture its prey. I squealed as he lunged forward and took off running. I could hear him chasing after me as I dodged around multiple people enjoying their day. Soon I was bound to slip up and we both knew it.

Sure enough I had tripped over my own feet and Landon come tumbling down on top of me. I groaned as his elbow hit my stomach and his knee slammed into my shin. With a hiss of pain he pulled himself up before pulling me up with him.

"Are you okay?" he asked while looking over my body for bruises. I laughed and pushed him away. He smiled at me before yanking off my shirt. Before I could protest he kissed me and moved the shirt out of my reach.

"That was just mean," I whined while trying to grab the shirt.

"You're beautiful. Get used to it," he replied while looking at the black swimsuit I wore. It was a one piece with fringe along the neckline and cut-outs along my sides. The strap holding it up was thin and connected at the back of my neck.

"Always a charmer."

"Come on Eb, get out of your comfort zone. It's just me looking at you. I've seen your scars already." He grabbed my hand and kissed one of the scars on my wrist. "You're still the most stunning girl I have ever seen."

"I'm only doing this because I love you," I muttered. My face turned bright red when I realized what I had said and I quickly looked away from him. I could feel the smile on his face before I felt a soft kiss on my forehead.

"I knew it. Love you too Ebony. Let's go get some sunscreen."

After hours at the beach he and I went home tired and worn out. Once washing all the salt water off I got into pyjamas and crawled into bed. An amazing smell entered the room and I slowly lifted my head from the pillows to see my amazing boyfriend holding a plate with a burger on it. With a grin I jumped up and snatched the burger from him before going to sit on the couch and devour the classic summer meal he had made me.

After dinner I cranked up the music and began dancing to the song that came on. A hand was placed on my waist and I was pulled against Landon's firm torso before I danced away teasingly. With a roll of his eyes he mimicked my movements with a taunting air about him. He circled his arms around my waist and dipped me low to the ground before pulling me up and placing a kiss upon my lips. He and I danced together until the song ended before we heard clapping from the doorway.

"Beautiful couple as always," Taylor said with a large smile on her face. Daxton whispered something in her ear and she blushed deeply.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked.

"Long enough to know that you two are going to be okay," Daxton replied. I grabbed a glass before filling it and looking at Landon. His hair was tousled in every direction and he had a smile gracing his face. That smile and the shine in his eyes were just for me. The love I saw there mirrored the love I had for him and in that moment I knew we really would be okay.

"I love you," I said moments later before wrapping him in a tight hug.

"I love you too," he whispered into my hair.

Landon was more than just the boy I loved. He was the one who made me feel complete. I knew we would fight and feel like calling it off in the future but for right now I was perfectly happy with the boy who had forced me to believe I was beautiful. He had seen every problem in my life and he still loved me. He was the one person who would consistently be there through the years. He and I were going to be okay.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: So sorry it's taken so long guys. Here is the final chapter to It's A Dance. I hope you all enjoyed it and I would love to here your thoughts down below.

I would also like to thank everyone for the amazing amount of reads. The reads are always increasing because of you guys and I wanted to thank you all for it. Good luck in all of your reading and writing ventures.

If you want to please check out my other story, Afraid to Break. It would mean a lot to me.