It's A Dance (15)

May passed in a haze of long walks and dinner dates. Bonding with Iliana, teaching students to dance and watching my cousin trap Daxton under her spell. Now it was June. One month until Landon and Daxton graduated and another before they left town. Throughout May Landon had taken me on many dates and I had met his sisters multiple times.

On  this particular evening I was in my room and getting ready for a dinner date with Landon and his family. I wore a gray halter top with tiny black elephants on it and a black, knee-length pencil skirt. My hair was pulled into a half updo and my eyes were lined neatly. Around my neck was a necklace given to me by Landon. It was a white gold chain with a tiny music note.

"You look beautiful," Landon said as he entered the room in dark jeans, a white shirt and a black suit jacket. I laughed when I saw the red converse on his feet.

"Thanks Lan. Can you go find my red heels please while I get the cake for your mom?"

"For a price," he answered with an evil laugh before leaving our room to go find my shoes. Once I had the cake covered and ready to go he handed me my shoes while taking the cake from me. I slid the heels on and rose three inches.

"Let's go," I said. I felt his hand land on the small of my back as we walked out of the apartment and down the stairs to exit the building and go to the car.

Twenty minutes later we were at his house and sitting in the living room while his sisters quizzed me and Landon watched with amusement. His arm was slung over the back of the couch behind me and he was no help at all.

"What are you doing after high school?" Lola asked me while running a hand through her wild red curls.

"Are you and Landon going to stay together?" Sarah asked while Lola smacked her for being rude.

"You don't wear much makeup do you?" Stephanie cut in before I could answer.

"Will you and Landon get married?" Ariel inquired while twisting a lock of blonde hair around her finger. Landon spit out the water he had just taken a sip of and began coughing wildly. My face was bright red as I stuttered and tried to find an answer.

"Stop picking on your brother and his girlfriend," Eliza scolded as she walked into the room with her hands on her hips. "You look beautiful Ebony."

"Thanks Eliza," I said over the goon that was still coughing beside me. I slapped his back roughly and he finally stopped coughing.

"Dinner is ready so come and get it," Eliza announced before leaving the room. The four girls rushed ahead of us. Landon stood up when I did before grabbing my waist and pulling me to him. His head dropped to my ear and his hair tickled my face.

"I'm sorry about them again," Landon whispered to me.

"What I'm hearing is that you don't want to marry me," I teased and watched as he kept opening and closing his mouth like he was trying to find something appropriate to say. "I'm kidding."

"You're evil," he said before picking me up and throwing me onto the couch. He bolted out of the room to the dining room and after a moment I was up and running after him. He was waiting by my chair with it pulled out and his hands resting gently on the back. He offered me an apologetic smile and waited to tuck in my chair for me before going to his seat across from me.