It's A Dance (12)

"Wake up!" Landon yelled. My eyes shot open and I quickly sat up, only to smash my head into his. I fell back with a loud groan of pain before running a hand through my messy hair.

"Why are you waking me up at seven?" I grumbled before burying my face in my pillows.

"I'm taking you out for a breakfast date. Go get ready and then we will go," he commanded as he rubbed his head. He had his glasses slightly askew and his hair flying in all directions.

"My head hurts," I groaned while rubbing my own. I lifted my head and looked at his mess of hair. "Only if you agree to brush out that hair."

"Do I have to?" he playfully whined while stomping his feet. He looked like a toddler in a teenager's body. I grinned and moved to sit on the edge of the bed. He fell to the ground in an annoyed tumble.

"Get up lazy bones or there will be no date," I said before racing out of my bedroom and to the bathroom. I could hear him yelling in protest as I locked the door before turning the shower on.

After I showered I used my towel to dry my hair until it was slightly damp. After sliding on my Superman underwear set I combed out my hair and got into a grey, flowing dress that fell a few inches above my knees. It had long sleeves and a crochet, belted waist. There were large cut-outs in the sleeves and the back fell just below my bra strap.

"I'm ready to go!" I yelled as I walked to the front door. Landon was already waiting with his hair combed and his glasses on straight. He had on a black t-shirt and dark jeans which were complimented by his red sneakers. I grabbed my cut-out combat boots and pulled them on while he yanked open the door.

"Let us go my lady," he declared while bowing low. On the other side of the door was my cousin Taylor with her hand in the air, ready to knock. Her short red hair hung around her face while a denim shirt hung loosely over her thin frame. A pair of black leggings encased her short legs. She was one of the few people I knew shorter than I was. At four foot eleven she was tiny and adorable.

"Hey Taylor?" I welcomed questioningly. I hadn't seen Taylor in awhile since she went to a different high school on the other side of town. I had often tried convincing my cheerleader cousin to switch to my school but it was working well.

"I just wanted to let you know your mother is on the prowl. She's looking for you." Taylor ran a hand through her hair and frowned. "She asked Mom where you were."

"What did Aunt Yvette say?" I asked worriedly. Landon was immediately at my side with his hand on my shoulder. Taylor lifted her small head to look up at him before looking back at me and wiggling her eyebrows.

"Mom said to get the hell off her porch before she called the cops."

"Thanks Tay. Is she downtown yet?" I asked. I still wanted to go on that date. My eyes flickered to Landon and I smiled softly before the thought of my mother wiped the happiness from my face.

"No. She's searching around this area first so if you're going out I suggest you go now."