It's A Dance (13)

A/N: Sorry its taken me so long to update. School for me has been kind of hectic with the semester ending. Anyways my reads on this story have been going up constantly. I'm amazed. Thank you all so much. Here is the new chapter.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday morning I dressed in a pair of leggings and a long tank top. After tying on a pair of white sneakers I grabbed Landon's keys and a banana before going to his car and driving to the dance studio. My phone vibrated as I entered the building. I threw out the now empty banana peel and checked my phone. Landon had sent me a text, wishing me luck on my first day. I grinned and replied before going to the staff room. Eliza sat at a table with others around her.

"Hello Ebony. Your studio will be studio one. Your first class is on their way in."

I nodded and made my way out of the room and down the hall to studio one. Girls and boys around my age were sitting on the ground stretching. I didn't recognize any of them which meant that they went to another school in the area.

"I'm Ebony," I said while dropping my bags. "Since this is a hip hop class we will begin with some simple steps. Join in when you feel comfortable."

I plugged my phone into the sound system and hit play. Once the music began playing I began dancing. At first only one boy caught onto my moves but soon the rest joined in and I spent the rest of class working on their technique. All of my other five classes continued in the same way and by the end of the day I was ready to go home.

It took me nearly twenty minutes to get back to the apartment with the traffic. My body was sore as I dragged myself through the front door. My bags dropped to the ground as I saw Landon sitting on the couch and drinking a chocolate breakfast shake.

"What are you doing here?" I exclaimed as I walked over to him. He rolled his eyes at me, put down his drink and held open his arms. I hugged him quickly and yelped in surprise when he hauled me into his lap.

"I wanted to know how your first day went," he replied. He winced at the pain and rubbed at his throat.

"It hurts less if you don't speak," I said saucily. He rolled his eyes again and nudged me. "I'm so sore and tired but it was so much fun. Thank you for getting me the job."

He smiled at me and released me so I could get up. Once I was standing he stretched out on the couch and turned on the television. I smiled to myself and went to shower. Once I was showered and sweat free I got dressed. I had on a denim button up over a white camisole and grey plaid skinny jeans. My wet hair was tied into a bun on top of my head.

"I'm going to make some dinner. Want any?" I asked while walking to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and pulled out the ground beef I had left in there to thaw. Landon shook his head and went back to watching cartoons. Once I had the beef sizzling in a pan I got out tomato sauce and two slices of bread.

While I waited for it to cook I finished some of the homework that sat untouched in my room. Landon came in with my sandwich and placed it on my desk. I hadn't even realized so much time had passed.