It's A Dance (3)

"Daxton?" I whispered as I entered his room. I flickered on the light to see him quietly thrashing in bed and a shattered lamp on the floor. I grabbed his shoes that were sitting by the door and slipped them on before walking towards him.

His forehead was covered in a light sweat and soft sobs fell from his lips. I perched myself on the bed beside him and smoothed his dark hair away from him. His mumbling grew louder and hands swatted at mine. I took both of his hands in mine and held him still. Once his hands were still I rubbed his arms gently until he began calming down. When he was calm enough I pulled his blankets back over him and grabbed the waste bin before cleaning up the glass.

"Thank you," he whispered when I finished cleaning and was on my way out. I jumped and almost dropped the waste bin. One grey eye was peeking out at me.

"Be careful when you get up," I warned. I wasn't sure if I was warning him about possible glass or about me. I slipped off his shoes an turned out the light before disposing of the glass and going to bed.

"Merry Christmas!" Lindy yelled as she walked into my room. In her hands was a box wrapped in shiny silver paper.

"What's that?" I asked sleepily as I stretched and made sure my braid was still mostly in place.

"It's your outfit for today," she announced. She dropped the box on the bed before producing a bad from Aerie. "I guessed at your size."

"Oh, um thanks." I felt a little awkward. I didn't know much about her and yet she was dropping presents in my lap.

"No need to thank me. Get dressed and come downstairs."

She left the room and I quickly went to work on getting dressed. In the box was a black, mid-thigh length dress with cutout shoulders, a lace overlay and lace sleeves. It was stunning. The bra and underwear she had bought me fit well. I combed my hair and brushed my teeth before walking downstairs to see mother and son I front of the tree with unopened presents.

"Why haven't you opened anything?" I asked. Daxton's eyes roamed over my body and I blushed while siting on the couch beside him.

"You look amazing," Lindy cheered. I blushed a darker red and felt Daxton's eyes still on me.

"We were waiting for you," he said after clearing his throat.

"Careful son. I think I may see some drool on your chin," Lindy teased. He scowled and his cheeks were slightly pink.

"Why were you waiting for me?" I asked. They weren't really answering my question but this random conversation was very natural and somewhat easy to slip in to.

"So you could open your things too. Your father sent them over and I bought you some," Lindy replied.

I was shocked that my father had picked up more presents for me. A smile slipped unconsciously as Daxton handed me a box. Inside was a new gym bag. It was black with white stripes. Inside was a small note of love from my father. His next gift was a silver necklace. The charm on it was a snowflake. The last present from him was a few hundred dollars in cash an a note telling me to behave while at Lindy's. He believed it was the best place for me and apparently had known her since they were children.

Lindy and Daxton had opened all their presents while I was busy with mine. I was soon handed more boxes. This time they were from Lindy. She had given me a new laptop and another three hundred dollars. My mouth dropped open in shock as I tried to refuse the presents. I felt bad to take so much from people I barely knew. After those notes though I felt like I had known Daxton my whole life.

"Daxton will take you shopping for new clothes. A few stores are open at the mall," Lindy said while handing me knee high, high heeled boots. I ran my fingers over the soft black fake leather. "After you can go pick up your stuff from home."