The Plane of In Between

The moment he was sure that Alcione is in deep sleep, the Dark Lord stood up slowly, letting go of her hand and grab a shirt from a closet covered in vines. He absently began dressing, the long sleeved clothing covering the scars on his arms and chest.

Keep Wing, Adaru and Pulhu standing guard at the windows and door, Aelwyd with the tray of concoctions she still carried, Minerva awaiting for instructions, followed the Dark Lord with their eyes as he began pacing beside the bed, deep in thought.

"So, what will be your next move Cail?" Keep Wing asked, breaking the heavy silence in the room. Cail continued to pace, murmuring under his breath.

"Glahd." Cail muttered as he stop pacing. A second after a knock sounded at the door. Pulhu opened it and Glahd entered, stopping within a few paces from Cail, bowing.

"You have summoned me, my lord?"

"Yes. Summon Mubbirum to my study immediately. Also, get me a sample of the goo, I need to determine what it is and who sent it here." Cail ordered.

"But my lord, I have just cleansed the Dark Fortress and the surrounding areas of the goo. I made sure that not a single drop is left." Glahd said. Cail let out a heavy sigh, then began pacing anew.

"You will be able to determine who caused this from just a sample?" Keep Wing asked.

"I may or may not." Cail muttered.

"But my lord, the goo is poison magic! With your current condition, I think it will be very dangerous for you...." Glahd exclaimed, brows creasing as he followed Cail's pacing with his eyes.

"Lord Cail, please do drink this to help you to remove the lingering magic from within you and help you heal faster." Aelwyd said softly, stepping nearer to the Dark Lord.

"I have no time for that valkyrja, I need to know who did this, who dared to attack Alcione!" Cail said, silver glowing within his light gray eyes.

Aelwyd put her hand inside her pocket and draw out a medium size vial, dark matter churning inside. She raised it to Cail's face, stopping him from pacing.

"I will give this to you, a sample of the goo, if you will drink this medicine. Like Glahd had said, the goo is poison magic, it will harm you greatly in your current state." Aelwyd said, her face serious, as she look at the Dark Lord. She saw a deep, dark anger within his eyes that made the hairs on her neck rise.

Without a word, Cail picked up the steaming cup from the tray Aelwyd is carrying, down the contents in one gulp. His face crumpled up before putting the cup back, rattling on the tray, while Aelwyd hid a smile. Cail grab the vial from Aelwyd's hand.

"By the way, my lord, you should feel sick after drinking the potion." Aelwyd said, Cail was about to say something when gooey, dark green matter poured out of his mouth. Lightning fast, Aelwyd raised a bowl under Cail's mouth, catching the matter. Cail heaved violently as more of the matter poured out from him.

After a few moments, when the last of the dark matter left Cail's mouth, he flopped heavily on the couch, sweating profusely and breathing heavily. Glahd approached Cail and bowed slightly.

"My lord, it seems the vampire prince and his companions have entered the Dark Forest, on their way here. What will be your instructions?" Glahd asked.

"Just bring them in to my study, I will be there in a few minutes." Cail said, rubbing his thumb and index finger at his temples, while raising his other hand slightly to dismiss Glahd.

"I will also summon Mubbirum as you have instructed as well, my lord." Glahd said bowing low as he disappears in a swirl of air.

"Here, drink this, it will relieve you of pain and will make you feel at ease." Aelwyd handed Cail a cup. He tokk the cup from her hand, cautiously sniffed it, smelling mint and lemons and something sweet. He gulped the contents of the cup.