Blitzkrieg

Somewhere in the Dark Forest, a hundred miles from the foot of the mountain known as the Devil's Fortress, an army, six hundred strong, is steadily moving.

The forest ground trembles as they advance closer towards the mist shrouded dark mountain. Stone-faced soldiers were clad in grey camouflage, heavy packs on their backs while each carry the latest, powerful guns, marching in practiced unison. Ahead of them, big tanks painted in grey, rolled ahead, to block them from any sudden attacks and Humvee's flank the army at both sides, riding in it are soldiers with ranks, sitting ramrod straight, and their expression grave. On the first tank, stands the golden haired, muscular General, like some victorious conqueror, a smirk appeared on his face as he stared his glacial blue eyes up the dark mountain.

Just a few meters away ahead of the army, a lone Humvee suddenly appeared, it was driven so fast that it flew in the air and crashed back to the ground with a loud clattering noise as they raced the remaining ground between them and the army, when they neared the tank in which their commander stands, the soldier on the passenger seat jumped out as the driver made a sharp turn, with crazy drifting skill, and stopped just beside the now still tank, their vehicle facing the way they came from.

"Sir! We came back from checking the road ahead of us." The soldier said, as he stood erect, his face up turned towards the general looking down at him.

"And..." the General said as he raised an eyebrow at the soldier.

"We... didn't see any signs of any creatures or soldiers of the Dark Lord." The soldier said, the last part of his statement almost a whisper.The General looked coldly at the soldier, which made the latter look down his shoes, the General turned his icy blue eyes to the other soldier standing beside the Humvee.

"And what of your other two companions? I saw four soldiers on that Humvee when it was driven out fifteen minutes ago." the General asked silkily.

The two soldiers looked at each other, then stared back uncertainly at their General. "General Jormungand... W-we don't know where they are. Paul said he would just take a leek and Jack opted to accompany him and looked around, he just told us to make the rounds and come back for them!" the soldier near Jormungand exclaimed."But before we can even start the Humvee, we heard a muffled sound, we called out for them but there was no answer, we figured that they went off far from us, we thought nothing of it, so we just went on and did the rounds. But when we came back, we just saw these rifles, sir..." the other soldier finished, as he held up the rifles his comrades were carrying.

"Then you have been fools and because of your stupidity, your comrades are dead." General Jormungand roared.

He turned around to address his men. "We are going to fight against Lord Cail, ruler of the Dark Realm, we are here to wipe out the cockroaches of our world, they are pest and an abomination, and what do we do with those kinds of creatures?" Jormungand asked.

"Catch 'em! Kill 'em!" his army roared as they pumped their fist into the air."This world is ruled by sons of men! This world has no place for pagan gods and eldritch creatures! We are the pure and supreme race! We will capture the last stronghold of these scourges from hell! We will end the Dark Lord's realm!" General Jormungand roared.

He then turned his glacial blue eyes on the two soldiers still standing in attention beside his tank, "And therefore, there is no room for stupid fools in my army." He whispered as he quickly draw his gun and send a bullet into the foreheads of the two soldiers. Their body crashed to the ground, their faces frozen in quite screams.

"Catch 'em! Kill 'em!" His army roared in response, as they started to march again, unaffected by their comrades' dead body lying on the ground, chanting the words like a battle cry while Jormungand is still standing atop his tank, leading his army. His great physique illuminated by the late morning sunlight.