Chapter One

The Art of the Hustle 2

Copyright © 2017 by Edward Mullen

All rights reserved.

This book is a work of fiction. Any names, characters, places, and events are a product of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to any person (alive or dead) or event is purely coincidental.

No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without permission in writing from the publisher. The only exception is by a reviewer, who may quote short excerpts in a published review.

Vancouver, BC, Canada

ISBN: 978-1-928196-08-2 

************************************** 

Also by Edward Mullen

The Art of the Hustle

Destiny and Free Will

Prodigy

The Secret Manuscript

Prodigy Eternal

Prodigy Returns

Eden

I am Rome

**************************************

The Art of the Hustle 2

**************************************

Chapter One

The young couple walked hand in hand through the Granville Island Public Market.

"Do you remember coming down here when we were first dating?"

"Yes of course," Ashley said. "Come on, my memory isn't that bad."

"They say when you get married, you unconsciously assign different compartments of information amongst your spouse. So one person may rely on the other person to remember all the important dates, and the other person might rely on the other for remembering all the phone numbers."

"When did you hear this?" she asked. "It must have been a while ago since nobody remembers phone numbers anymore. I don't know anyone's phone number."

"Yeah, me neither. I'm not sure when I heard about it. Probably a while ago. The article was about people getting divorced and suddenly half of all the stuff they know is gone because they were so reliant on that other person."

"I know we've only been married a year, but I don't think we rely on each other to remember things."

"Perhaps we live in a different era and that study no longer applies," Trevor said.

"Probably."

"My memory is so bad, that's why I post so much on social media. It's a way for me to catalogue my life."

"You do post a lot," she teased.

Located underneath the Granville Bridge, on the south side, The Public Market hosted an array of vendors selling everything from butchered meats, fresh seafood, fruit and vegetables, desserts, baked goods, and unique homemade products. Naturally, it was a popular destination for locals and tourists alike.