Chapter 3: School Time Pt.2

Börja om från början

~Flashback~

"Teach me how to cook Shuu~"

"Sure, I have the time."

After teaching Shiniko how to cook, Gakushuu tasted her food.

"Wow! This is delicious!"

"Really?!" She tasted her own creation.

"Wow, it is good! It might be tastier than yours!"

"You think?"

"Yeah!"

"We'll see about that. How about we make the same dish, using the same ingredients for father and he can be the judge."

"Ok!"

They finished their dishes right when Uncle Asano got home and they set it on the table.

"Father, we made dinner, but you have to decide which dish is tastier."

"Alright then."

After Uncle Asano finished both dishes, it was time to announce the winner.

"I think the winner is the one on the right."

"Yay! I made the one on the right! See Shuu, my cooking does taste better."

"Fine, you win."

"Shiniko, is this your first time cooking?"

"Yup!"

"Impressive." Uncle Asano complimented. 

~End of Flashback~

When Shiniko was cooking, she couldn't help but smile because it reminded her of her first time learning how to cook and she was a natural at it.

After dinner, the two siblings finished eating, they got ready for bed, but before that they played a card game and Shiniko won as usual. After the game, they both turned in for the night. Shiniko was having a hard time sleeping because she was having a nightmare.

In her dream were floating heads, but only the mouths were seen, they kept telling her:

"go die" 

"kill yourself already" 

"Asano is ours"

"stay away from him"

"you're good for nothing" 

"Loser"

"You don't deserve to live"

"Worthless"

"You're just a piece of garbage"

Those words, as well as other derogatory remarks were echoing in her dream.

Shiniko woke up mortified,as tears started to stream down her face once again. She was too scared to go back to sleep, so she sneaked into Gakushuu's room and slept there.

The next morning, the alarm went off, Gakushuu was about to slam it, but there was a big lump in the way. Gakushuu opened his eyes to see yet again, a sleeping Shiniko.

"Shiniko..." he muttered as he poked her cheek."Wake up..."

"Hhmmm..." Shiniko hummed tiredly.

"Why are you in my room?"

"...I had a nightmare..."

Gakushuu sighed, "Figures...I hope sleeping here helped, now get out and get ready."

"Yeah, yeah, I know..."

After the two of them finished getting ready, they had breakfast and left for school.

Uncle Asano leaves earlier now because he is the principal of Kunugigaoka Junior High School, the symbol for Kunugigaoka was designed by Gakushuu and Uncle Asano, and Shiniko gave it its name Kunudon.

Despite the fact that he needs to leave early, he still makes breakfast for the two siblings at home.

At school, Shiniko would hang out with Gakushuu and his friends, but she still gets bullied and she didn't allow her brother or his friends to say a word to anyone.

As a result, everyone, especially the girls, hated her because she was always with the smartest people in the class. 

She couldn't keep up her fake happy act anymore, so she slowly changed into an emotionless person, even the way she talked changed. It was more cold, harsh, and monotoned. 

She never thought she would change like this...

She never cracked another smile again. 

Shiniko was starting to fall into oblivion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The more exciting parts will hopefully be in the next few chapters.😅