。.☆.*。𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙛𝙮。.☆.*。

stu·pe·fy
/ˈst(y)opəˌfī/
verb
make (someone) unable to think or feel properly.

you're best friend karen faye has been trying to get you to fill in for her for weeks now! you're a small makeup artist just staring out, and you are in need of a little extra money

you're best friend karen faye has been trying to get you to fill in for her for weeks now! you're a small makeup artist just staring out, and you are in need of a little extra money. karen is now sick and really wants you to help her, but when you finally agree to help..she won't tell you who your working for ..why?

___________

y/n

"--karen! why should i go if you won't tell me who? girl you know i don't blindly hop into shit" i complained to my best friend who lay in bed with two boxes of tissue next to her.

she grabbed one and asked "why not? Don't you need the money?" before going to blow her nose. i scrunched up my face in disgust and handed her the trash can to throw away the now germ infested tissue.

"my point exactly! what if they're some asshole who uses me for my services and then refuses to pay me afterwards because their 'not satisfied' or...what if their just hard to work with in general ren? i don't play that disrespectful mess!"

she sat up and gave me a look. "your making yourself sound like some sort of prostitute or something. your doing makeup! not even much makeup at that! y/n trust me you don't need to worry about who it is and just go! i promise you won't regret it!"

karen looked at me with pleading eyes and i sighed. "you promise they won't be any trouble?" i asked and she nodded quickly.

"not unless you give them a reason to be. And come on y/n their paying good money!" she said. i looked at the bed ridden woman sadly before shaking my head slowly. "alright then, i guess i'll do it."

she smiled and clasped her hands together in excitement. "awe thank you so much girl! You're a lifesaver!!"

i got up from the edge of her bed and started to make my way towards the bedroom door. "don't worry about it ren. Just text me the details when you get a chance and i'll be there."

"trust me girl! you won't regret this!"

╔═.✵.══════════╗
The next day
╚══════════.✵.═╝

i stood outside of the building karen sent me to & shook my head. i've been standing out here for about 20 minutes now & i'm 'bout ready to just walk off to be completely honest.

whomever this person was, they can't be to powerful for them to make me wait outside to do a freaking background check! karen better have not put me up to no bull..