Chapter 7

Ali's POV

Adam and I have been married a couple of months now, and life is perfect, we're due to move into our first proper home together in just two days, but I've got some news for him when he gets home from work this evening, he's going to be so excited. It was pretty big news, so I got myself calm as I'm not sure how he'll react.

I was sat on the sofa with a blanket as i wasn't feeling well. Adam wondered in and dodged the boxes dotted around as we were getting ready to move, he came over to me and leant down to kiss me.

"How are you baby girl?" He asked, kissing me again.

"I feel kinda rough to be honest." I said.

"What's wrong baby?" He asked, concerned.

"Just feel a bit sick. I've got something to tell you though." I smiled.

"Yes baby?" He asked, sitting down next to me. I placed my hand on his leg.

"So, I'm really scared to tell you this. I don't want you to leave." I said.

"Of course I won't leave baby, you can trust me beautiful, remember, I'm your husband, you can tell me anything." He smiled.

"Well, I'm pregnant." I said. He didn't speak.

"Ad please say something." I said, starting to cry.

"That's so amazing baby!" He smiled, pulling me in for a hug.

"You're gonna be a daddy." She smiled. 

"Oh my god! That's just amazing!" He said.

"I'm four months, I'm sorry I've known for a while I just wasn't sure how to tell you." I smiled.

"Well, I'm more than excited baby, we'll go through this together alright baby?" He smiled, stroking my hand.

"Together." I beamed, wiping my tears.

"Are you sad baby?" He asked.

"I'm just a little scared." I said.

"Now, you listen to me." He said, pulling me onto his lap.

"Yeah?" I cried.

"You've got me, you're gonna be perfectly fine, I'm not going to let a single hair on yours or this baby's head go harmed, alright?" He smiled.

"Thank you." I said, snuggling into him. He kissed my forehead and I stayed on him.

"Do you have a scan?" He asked softly, kissing my temple.

"Yeah." I smiled, reaching into my hoodie pocket and pulling out a small piece of paper.

"Oh my god, that's so gorgeous!" He smiled, gobsmacked.

"We're gonna have a little one in just five months! That's so amazing!" I said.

"And in a couple days, we're gonna have a perfect house, all ready for our baby." He smiled, placing his hand on my stomach.

"We can find out the gender by now if we really want to, since I'm four months gone?" I said.

We booked a doctors appointment which was for a few days time, and then I got up.

"Excuse me? Where are you going?" Adam smiled, wrapping his arms around me and kissing my neck.

"We gotta pack some more stuff baby and then I gotta make dinner." I said, smiling.

"You're not standing up for too long, and you're not lifting any boxes baby, alright?" He said.

"If you insist." I smiled.

"You know I'm protective baby, but it's for your own good yeah?" He said.

"I think it's cute actually." I smiled.

I got up and continued to pack things and Adam helped, although he was much more interested in popping the bubble wrap.

"You know we have to use that?" I said, chuckling.

"No, I did not know that." He chuckled.

"You're a twat." I said, laughing.

Adam took another box out to his car, we already had the keys to our new house, so we can move in when we want to.

"Baby you want me to take these to the house? My car's full now." He said.

"Can you fit one more box in?" I asked.

"Yeah I'll stick it on the front seat, how big is it?" He asked.

I tried to lift it and he stopped me.

"Woah woah woah, stop baby you're gonna hurt yourself, I'll lift it." He smiled, rushing over.

He lifted the box up and kissed me.

"I'll be half hour tops baby." He said, kissing me once again.

"Alright, I love you." I smiled.

"I love you more baby." He replied.

Whilst he has gone, I made our dinner, salad and waited for him to get back.

Soon enough, he walked into the living room.

"Hey baby girl." He said, leaning down to kiss me.

"Hey, did you get everything in okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, there surely can't be much more to pack now baby?" He asked.

"No, we gotta pack our clothes and then the removal people are coming in Thursday babe." I said.

"Okay, we can pack most of our clothes tonight surely?" He asked.

"Yeah after dinner, it's on a plate in the fridge." I said.

He went into the kitchen and brought mine in too.

"Thank you gorgeous." I smiled.

We ate dinner and then Adam washed up for me.

"Let's go pack baby." He smiled.

We went upstairs and Adam got a few suitcases out. I packed loads of my clothes, and left out what I'd need for the next couple of days, and he left his work stuff.

"Do you have the day off on Thursday?" I asked.

"Yes baby, and I've got Danny helping me lift furniture and my dads gonna help as well." He said.

"Sounds like you got it all under control then!" I said.

"Indeed I do baby." He smiled.

We put the suitcases in the hallway and I laid on our bed.

"Coffee my princess?" Adam asked.

"Yes please." I smiled.

He went downstairs and came back up with coffee and a fluffy blanket for me.

"Thank you, it hurts." I smiled.

"What hurts gorgeous?" He asked.

"My back, a lot." I said.

"I told you to take a break baby yeah? Now you get why I said it?" He softly  asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Well, you've got me for cuddles,'so you're gonna be okay baby." He said, laying down on our bed and putting his arm around me. I snuggled into him and wrapped the blanket around myself.

"Comfy baby?" He asked.

"Very much so." I smiled.

"You're adorable, you know that?" He smiled.

I beamed and closed my eyes slowly.

I was pretty scared of the future, but at least I've got Adam.