Artwork (artist!reader x modern!ciel)

((Im actually so happy with this, and yes there will be a part 2 at some.point, but im a lazy ass so I dont know when it'll be finished))

With a soft smile, you placed the brush down and admired your beautiful artwork.

The painting was of a girl falling from the sky, huge golden wings failing to break her fall, broken and bent as they were, feathers flying all around as the girl tried in vain to grab onto something, anything, as she fell. Her hair whipped around her head, covering her face and obscuring her most likely terrified visage from any onlookers.

With a tiny sigh, you picked up another small brush and dipped in the lightest of the shades of gold you had beside you, taking a moment to look at the little model on a nearby table to figure out where the highlights of the wings would be if the light was coming from your right.

After another long while of painting, you set down your brush for the last time and with another highly satisfied smile, left the loft to allow your beautiful art to dry, ready for the exhibition tomorrow.

****

People crowed around your painting, eyes wide in awe as they looked at the strokes of paint so lovingly brushed on by an experienced hand. You couldnt help but smile as you adjusted the skirt of your evening dress and took a glass of champagne from a passing waiter.

"'A Loss of Trust' huh? Interesting title, I must say." You turned to see a young man of the same age as you, dressed in a flattering blue suit and -- was that teal hair? Interesting. He looked at you with one brilliant blue eye, the other covered by a black eyepatch.

"It was something I came up with when filling out the forms ages ago. I actually only got this painted last night." The young man looked at you in surprise.

"In one night?" You nodded, sipping your drink.

"I worked all day. From maybe 3 in the morning to about 4 this morning. Then it just had enough time to dry for tonight." There was a moment of silence.

"But the paint couldnt possibly have dried in such a short amount of time?"

"Its my own paint mix. Higher colour pigment and quicker drying. It took years to perfect it, and I rarely use it, but it sure came in handy today." The young man hummed thoughtfully before turning to you and holding his hand out, a kind smile on his face.

"Ciel Phantomhive, its a pleasure, miss..?"

"(Y/n) (l/n)," you said while taking his hand. You then leant in til your mouth was by his ear and continued. "Be careful where you go, Ciel Phantomhive, not all people are as nice about demons as I am. You might just get yourself killed, contract or no." You then pulled away, gave him a feline smile and sauntered off to talk to some high class people thinking of paying you a great sum of money for your painting.

"Was there a story behind this painting, miss (l/n)? I can almost feel the emotion behind the brush strokes." You gave a polite laugh as the prospective buyer looked at your painting.

"Well, the title didnt come from nowhere sir, and I thought it to be relatable not only to myself but to others too. After all, we've all been burnt at some point, have we not?" The buyer laughed and said something irrelevant in return, but your attention was on the young demon who wouldnt stop looking at you throughout the night.

"Sebastian," he said quietly, a tall man all in black appearing by his side instantly. "Theres something strange about her, something… not human. Find out what it is. Thats an order."

*****

((So reader isnt human?

What do you think she is?

Will you and Ciel fight?

Will we find out why she threatened Ciel?

All this and more….

In the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!!

#sorrynotsorry again

Until the next time,

Farewell my lord/lady/friends