11. proof

asshole: ..what do you mean apologize

minyuck: apologize. you know. the act of saying sorry.

asshole: oh

asshole: .. what for?

minyuck: for playing with my heart.

Hyungwon sighs, resting his head on his pillow and muting out Kihyun and Wonho's late night murmurs in the bed below his.

Should he just say sorry and lie? Maybe then, he could continue this precious, unphysical relationship with Minhyuk. But then again, he hates lying from the bottom of his heart and he likes Minhyuk from also the bottom his heart, so if he were honest with himself, he doesn't think he could pull it off well, even if he is an actor.

Then should he insist the truth and persuade Minhyuk to believe him? Hyungwon could be honest and Minhyuk can be happy with being friends with his idol. But there's this risk that if he tries and tries, their relationship may be even more broken and that even if he does prove himself, he isn't sure how Minhyuk will take it.

"Hoseok hyung, please be quiet. Hyungwon's already sleeping, you might wake him up," Kihyun reminds Hoseok, whispering. A  slapping of skin and a pained hiss could be heard after.

"Ugh, Kihyunnie." Hoseok pouts.

What a baby, Hyungwon thinks, only then realizing that the reason he could see the olders' exchange was because he rolled to the side of his bed and peeked below, to the sight of two men squeezed in one space.

Oh my god, Hyungwon groans. They were spooning.

"Oops, sorry." the little spoon mutters, half-apologetic, half-amused at Hoseok's exaggerated pain. "Did I hit too hard?"

"No. Hit harder," Hoseok, the big spoon, wriggles his eyebrows.

Kihyun makes a disgusted noise, "Move your arms Hoseok hyung. You're sleeping alone,"

"I was kidding," Hoseok giggles, tightening his hold on Kihyun. The shorter huffs in faux annoyance but there was an obvious smile on his lips that Hoseok, with Kihyun's back on him, cannot see.

Hyungwon chuckles bitterly. Never in his life did he expect himself to be envious of couples, but here we are.

"You do know that we're in a dating ban, right?" he asks towards Kihyun, the salt sprinkled in his words uncontrollable.

Kihyun looks at him in shock, "Oh, you're still awake?"

"Yeah. Because of you two. Can you guys lower the flirting volume?" Okay, Hyungwon wasn't awake because they were too loud (he was actually straining his ears to hear snippets of their whispering) but his bitter ass deems it better to say it.

"Sorry," Hoseok smiles apologetically, protective arms still around Kihyun even if Kihyun was already struggling to disentangle himself from him because he was conscious of Hyungwon. Hyungwon scoffs.

Kihyun gives up on putting space between him and the lilac haired, "And Hyungwon, what do you mean dating ban?" he turns to his bedmate, "Hoseok hyung? You're dating someone?"

"What? No!"

"Then what is Hyungwon talking about? Hey, Hyungwon, what are you talking about?" Kihyun asks Hyungwon who has returned to his lying-down-and-ignoring-their-existence position.

Hyungwon pouts. He wants whatever his whipped bandmates below him have.

Agh, whatever.

-

asshole: i am not lying

asshole: you know how i hate lying

asshole: i did not play with your heart