1. a beautiful day

"Movemovemovemovemove move," Minhyuk chants as he runs his greatest run of his life. His classes just ended and it was 4: 51 P.M. He needed to be in his dorm like, right now.

He thanks the heavens his classes ended earlier today and that there were less people in the school corridors than normal. Still doesn't stop him from hitting almost all of them in his hurry, though.

"Move, midget!" he shoves an unfortunate Changkyun who was in the way.

"I'm not a midget! You're just taller, Minhyuk hyung!" Changkyun scoffs before running after him. "Why the rush?! You need to pay me!"

Minhyuk ignores his dongsaeng's words, solely focused on getting inside his room in seven minutes. Who cares if he hasn't paid the money he owes Changkyun for a month already? Monsta X will release their new music video in a few minutes and he needs to be the first one to scream and fill timelines with Hyungwon screenshots. Changkyun would never understand.

He shuts his dorm door with 23 seconds to spare and he pounces on his bed and retrieves his iPad immediately.

He catches his breath while searching for a new notification on YouTube and he squeals before he clicks on the newly uploaded video.

And his fanboying ensues.

--

did you???!!! see??!!? chae hyungwno??!! rude!!? jgahslk @jookkung KKUKKUNG wHERE R U

@chaelattea KKUKKUNG IS HERE AHDLQJK I SAW!!! RUDE!!! JOOHEON!!! IM DEAD TELL MY MOM I LOVE HER MINMIN

@jookkung M SORRY I CANT ADLQKS IM DEAD TOO CAN U BELIEVE JACKETS KILLED ME

@chaelattea OMG STOP I DONT WANT TO DIE AGAIN I DONT TO BE REMINDED THAT MY BAES DID. THAT.

Minhyuk smiles to himself as he thinks of a reply when his phone dings, signifying a message. He decides to leave Kkukkung alone first. Let him suffer for himself for a bit.

hi ho

The message says, and Minhyuk arches an eyebrow. He clicks on the person's twitter profile to see:

Mr. Green Frog

@TheHumanKermit

i post memes

Okay, Minhyuk arches an eyebrow. Okay, what the fuck.

He shakes his head, deciding to ignore whoever the hell Kermit is. He knows who Kermit is he just doesn't, isn't really interested in talking to a Muppet. Wait, he is interested with talking to a Muppet but in a real Muppet. Not some weird ass Kermit roleplay account or something. But that's not the point.

Maybe he'll reply some other time, because he promised himself to always reply to every message. He's that nice and friendly. Just, not now, when he can waste his time also fanboying to the man of his dreams who is also most likely never gonna see him, or if he, by some lucky star, would see Chae Hyungwon, the light of his miserable life, his sunshine, the younger will most probably forget him. Still, it was a better option than entertaining a roleplaying Muppet.

He squeals and replies to another message from another Hyungwon stan.

--

Three days later, Minhyuk finds himself sprawled over his bed, staring at the ceiling, with Changkyun looking at his mess in disdain. Changkyun was incidentally also his roommate.

Changkyun picks up a sock and holds it away from his face which was sporting a disgusted expression, "Hyung?"

"I'm bored, Changkyun," he mutters after a few seconds before rolling into a fetal position, "So, so bored."

He fought with Kkukkung, his bae, to put it simply. Sure he has other friends/mutuals but he wasn't in the mood to be nice. It wasn't his fault that Hyungwon was too adorable in his last fancafe selca that he forgot his and Kukkung's three-month anniversary.

"Where's your phone?"Changkyun walks past him, jabbing at the fact that Minhyuk spends more time with his phone than interacting with real life people.

"Charging," Minhyuk mumbles and the younger's eyebrows raise, "Where's your phone?"

"In my pocket," Changkyun replies, "If you're so bored then maybe you could do your laundry? Your month old socks won't wash themselves,"

Minhyuk sluggishly sits up, actually intent on doing laundry. He was that desperate.

After an hour (well, to Minhyuk it was almost an hour of tedious sorting of his clothes), he goes to the laundry room, not forgetting to bring his phone with him.

While waiting for his clothes to wash in the machine, he decides to check his notifications because he was an impulsive person who cannot live without social media.

No one talked to him. He had no motivation to strike conversations neither. So he mindlessly just scrolled and retweeted here and there and checked his inbox a last time (his heart breaks when he sees username @jookkung but he knows that their prides are in direct proportion with the number of characters in their usernames so they wouldn't be making up anytime soon).

Distracting him from his thoughts, he sees the weird ass Kermit impersonator's message.

Should I reply to it? He shrugs. It's not like this guy would see him and know him and stalk him and kill him. He hasn't disclosed his real name and any selca in his accounts.

hi Kermit?

Hi ho! Kermit the frog here.

Minhyuk raises an eyebrow, not expecting a reply so soon.

why did u leave

Leave? Leave what? I'm afraid I don't understand.

sesame street duh

oh

do you even know kermit???

Why of course I know Kermit! I'm trying to be him, here.

do you even WATCH Kermit???

no...
why do you want to expose me so much

i had a feeling

i read wikipedia if that helps

no lmao it's ok i don't watch sesame street neither youre not the only one without a childhood here

oh um thanks i guess

yw whyd you dm me anyway

i saw your tweet that said anyone can slide on your dms anytime so i slid

ok but that was meant for monbebes, not muppets

:(

:(

:'(

ok fine we can talk dont send me crying emojis

:)

--

a/n: another stress relief fic lmao a bit ooc but that's only for now