5. runway

i know absolutely nothing abt modelling ok don't kill me

Minhyuk taps his feet patiently on the floor. Yes, patiently. He was waiting for the director to call their names for the practice run as patiently as he can manage. No, he was not stressed about his first walk in years. Yes, he was stressed about his homework he intentionally forgot. He may come off as an easygoing person but he values his education. Or not. Maybe a little.

"Lee Minhyuk?"

His name was called, signalling it was his turn for his makeovers, and that pricked his bubble of thoughts. He makes to approach the dressing room until he heard a very familiar name called in the same manner his was called.

"Chae Hyungwon?"

Minhyuk whips his head to look at the tall man gracefully taking a seat. And holy shit, Minhyuk wanted to die. It was the Chae Hyungwon. The man of his moist fanboy dreams. His sunshine. His angel. His gorgeous babe in all his godlike glory, just several meters away from him, beauty not shunned by his iPad screen and as impossible as he thought he would be.

Thanks to his excellent vision he almost always uses for stupid things, Minhyuk could see just how fine his idol was. He looked like a regal prince on a throne when he is only sitting on a lousy chair for his makeup. Still, Minhyuk couldn't help but gawk.

"Minhyuk?" the makeup artist calls for his attention and Minhyuk shakes his head, considerably nervous for a whole different reason. He sits in a chair he was guided to and let the girl start to work.

"You know him?" she asks, tone friendly. This was the girl Minhyuk befriended earlier out of his boredom when they were both too early for the preparations. So they were on chatting terms. "I heard he's popular. An idol. He's really handsome,"

"He is," Minhyuk mutters, trying his best not to stare at the owner of the face whose selca he retweeted just a few hours ago, "I'm his fan,"

"Oh, you are?" she smiles, "Then it must be your lucky day,"

"Noo-na," his voice breaks, "I'm really nervous right now. I'm sweating,"

She hums, "Just make sure you don't sweat too much so your makeup won't come off,"

"I want to approach him," he confesses, "No, wait. I can't. I think I'll faint. I should be satisfied just breathing the same air as him," he inhales deeply.

The girl laughs, swatting at his arm, "Don't move too much, idiot."

"...do you think I'm ugly?" Minhyuk asks, feeling insecure at the presence of the object of his one-sided affection. (Nevermind that Hyungwon couldn't see him and will most probably just ignore his presence.)

The girl snorts, turning off the hair blower, "After I just did my best to give you a makeover?"

"That's not what I'm talking about," he glares half-heartedly at the other through the mirror.

"I know," she chuckles, "I think you're handsome. Very. Now go away. I'm done with you,"

"Handsome enough to be in Chae Hyungwon's presence?" he stands up, looking over to where his dream boy has been.

"Yes," she pushes him outside, "Deserving. Very! Out you go!"

Minhyuk thanks her before finally going to where the models go to be oriented.

++

Minhyuk knew Chae Hyungwon was perfect. But not this perfect.