6. art

watch me insert my mx ships agenda into this fic, i mean did you see this story's tags lmao

Call Minhyuk cheesy all you want, but he is dead intent on passing his homework.

His homework doesn't really involve painting, like Changkyun put it. Actually, the professor most probably doesn't care whatever medium he uses. The homework's goal was for them to express what the word "beautiful" is for them presently. And that before finishing the subject they'll draw what is "beautiful" for them again so they could see the effects of taking the subject to their appreciation of their surroundings and perceptions through art.

And so it was only natural for Minhyuk to draw himself.

"This is 'beautiful' for you?" the professor asks, amused. Minhyuk nods enthusiastically.

"And it's a sketch? Didn't I give you two weeks to finish this?"

"Yes," Minhyuk smiles. It's not like his professor needs to know that he only did the work in less than two hours before his classes start, not two weeks.

The old man hums, redirecting his eyes on his work, a Minhyuk bust up.

"For you.." the sitting man starts, "The most beautiful person is yourself?"

"Oh, no no." Minhyuk denies quickly, "You said only "beautiful", sir. Not "most beautiful person","

"I've always assigned this homework," The man chuckles, "People usually draw people or things they admire or love. You're a first,"

"It's an honor, sir."

The man laughs and tells him to go back to his seat.

++

"Wonho hyung," Kihyun sighs, "You're heavy. Please let go of me,"

"Noooo," said Wonho hyung complains, arms tightening around Kihyun's waist, head burying deeper to the juncture of Kihyun's neck and shoulder. "Don'f wanna," he mutters, muffled by the shorter's skin. Kihyun resists the urge to shiver at the tickling sensation.

"I'm trying to cook ramyeon for you," Kihyun nags again, exasperatedly. "The least you can do is actually allow me to move,"

After a beat of silence, the older reluctantly let's him go, opting to just rest his hand on the small of Kihyun's back with a pout on his plump lips. Kihyun only rolls his eyes at him.

It's not like Kihyun hated people touching him. He likes touching others too but to some extent. So he does welcome skinship and enjoys it. Just... not like this. When the man of his well kept affections initiate touch with him but always with sad reasons. Sad reasons more often than not, being lonely and sad because of a fight with a certain beautiful Chae Hyungwon. Sad reasons meaning Kihyun isn't the first person Hoseok wants to be in close proximity with but he has no choice because his first person gives him the cold shoulder. Sad reasons meaning Kihyun is the one to comfort him out of all these even if the younger hates the bitter envy washing over him every single time.

But it's not like Kihyun can say no to Hoseok.

So it's a sad cycle.

And he deserves to be at least a little bit cold to Hoseok so he could preserve any last speck of control he has over his feelings.

"What did you do to Hyungwon again?" Kihyun unwraps the noodles.

"Why do you always assume that I'm the one at fault?" Hoseok crosses his arms.

"Was that a rhetorical question?" Kihyun raises an eyebrow at him.

"Well, I know I'm not the one at fault this time," the older huffs, "I'm just angry because he never looks away from his iPod; that he never gives any attention towards me,"

"..you know," Kihyun laughs, stirring the contents of the pot, "I was really surprised when you said you weren't the one at fault but then I realized just how unreasonable you are,"

"Hey!"

Kihyun shakes his head. Stupid, stupid Hoseok with his stupid, stupid cuteness and stupid, soft heart.

"Hyungwon just wants to enjoy what little time he has been given for himself," He turns off the stove, "Whatever he's preoccupied with has drawn his full attention. Sadly, you aren't enough to draw him away from whatever he's doing," But for me, you are enough to draw me away and distract me from just anything, god damn it.

Hoseok claps excitedly at the cooked food as Kihyun brings it to the table. The older sets down his spoon and bowl and takes a seat. At the same time, Hyungwon enters the kitchen with his gadget on his fingers.

"Food?" Hyungwon asks with hopeful eyes and Hoseok invites him to sit so he could share his food with him.

Kihyun shakes his head, a small smile on his lips, "It seems like food can draw him away from his screen. Food just beat you, hyung. It's funny," he chuckles and Hoseok glares at him.

Kihyun makes to leave when hears Hoseok call his name.

"Kihyun? You aren't going to eat with us?"

Kihyun turns around, "No. I'm okay. You guys spend some quality time alone like you wanted. I'm going to sleep. Enjoy your food," and he exits.

There was silence save for Hyungwon slurping on his food.

"What was with what Kihyun said before that?" Hyungwon queries, drawing Hoseok's attention from where he had been staring at the space Kihyun had left.

"Huh," Hoseok glances down at his bowl, "Oh, it was nothing. Don't mind it,"

Hyungwon looks at him with suspicion in his eyes before focusing back down on his ramyeon. "Fine. But what's with Kihyun? He looks like he's always constipated when he's with you. Or something,"

"He isn't constipated," Hoseok says defensively, "Maybe he's just troubled,"

"About what?" Hyungwon narrows his eyes at him, "What did you do?"

"Why does everyone assume that it's always my fault?" Hoseok whines.

Hyungwon blinks, unimpressed, "You know why,"

"I'm an oversensitive asshat. I know. But not always!" Hoseok sighs, "But maybe this time, it is my fault,"

He looks at where Kihyun stood previously with longing.

"Just that I don't even know what to be sorry for,"

++

bitch: i have a new question for you today

screaMIN: ?? :DDD

bitch: what are your ships in monsta x

screaMIN: ??!!??! :DDDDDD

a/n unbeta'd again excuse my lazy ass lmao kiho is life ok