Phase 13 The Night Race

You blamed me, for I was a fume in the morning. You never saw the flame I was last night.

----------------------

His grey eyes were so cold. So terrifying. Just his looks can make a grown up adult to wet his pants. His face witnessed so much of violence. His silver colored lips were alien and there were no blood in his facial nerves. None of the party people noticed him slipping out . Jake did.  As soon as he showed up, the air around Jake turned biting cold.

Something was strange. The lunatic walked from the direction of the women's room. The men's room was on the opposite side.

Did he lose his way?

What business did he have in the women's room?

A bulb glowed brilliantly inside Jake's brain. Amy. She went to the restroom ten minutes ago.. Oh God!! Why, I've been so careless!!

Ellie was passed out on his shoulder. He shook her up.

"Jake what's wrong?" she groaned in sleep

"Ellie, are you awake?"

"Yes but.." Jake didn't pause to listen to another word. He strode away from her to search Amy. Ellie would definitely be pissed off by Jake's dismissive attitude, but he didn't care about it. Jake wasn't in the mood to gloat. Amy was found nowhere in the crowd. The last place he had to search was,

The women's room.

It was so close . Jake even had his hand on the handle, but he couldn't turn it open. It was so hard to click open a simple door handle.

Jake's heart pounded against his ribs when the handle turned by itself. The person opening from the other side struggled to pull the door. Jake realized, that he was clutching the external handle . He yanked back his arm and the door flew open. The girl behind didn't see it coming. The door hit her head and the next minute her forehead was swollen.

"Aw shit. What the hell?" She rubbed her forehead in anguish.

Relief flooded throughout Jake's body. It was Amelia who opened the door. It took few minutes for him to register that she was in pain.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't know you were standing behind the door"

She looked up at him.

A simple movement.

She just looked up at him. Jake didn't know looks could be so daunting. The dark eyes, and the piercing stare it gave. He wanted to throw up everything that he ate in the buffet. He lurched backward towards the wall. His hands gripped the wall for support, as his legs failed him. He tried to swallow, but his mouth was dry like a desert.

Nick punched the wall beside Jake's head. Jake wanted to act brave, but Nick was like a grim reaper who sucked all the positive feelings that a living being could possibly feel. With both of his hands on the wall by Jake's sides, Nick pierced holes into Jake's face.

"What do you want Nick?" Jake looked back into his eyes. Both of them had a internal battle with their eyes as the weapons. Jake was scared of Nick as his brain evoked a horrendous scene from his past whenever they both met.

The pool of blood. His weak limbs . The enraging laughter . The helpless him.

Jake tightened his fists to stop the flow of memories inside his brain. He tried to concentrate on the present. Instantly a question popped up inside him. Why did Nick show up out of the blue? Only when Amy was in grave trouble, Nick came into the scene. Jake was right. Something had happened before the grey-haired weirdo walked away from the women's room.