Phase 30 The Davis couple

"Where there is a Jake, there is a way."

                                          -Jake Turner
____________________

"Barbara?" Jake presumed Amy to be susceptible for a change in personality. Her exuberance of attitude since they landed gave him a cold feet.

Amelia, wearing a cheap woven hat that covered half of her face didn't find this witty comment to be amusing. "I don't know why you are calling me in a name that I highly don't recognise."

"You are lying. Then you must be Iris." he suggested.

Amelia ground her teeth loud enough for Jake's hackles to rise. He found this particular trait of Amy to be intimidating. Faster than he could sprout an anticipation Amy slammed him against the cold marble wall. "Listen carefully, because I don't like to repeat myself. Do you see this thing?" Amy pulled the sleeve of her coat to reveal the D.R.E.A.M's monitor, that perched as immovable as ever on her wrist, "Though we've made a escape it won't be long before we have an army at our heels. So till we're here don't make it obvious that I'm sick at the head."

Jake unclamped Amy's hand from his shirt and grimaced, "Don't know what got your head since landing. Just don't act like you know everything and I don't." Jake regretted as always he would after barking mad at Amelia. He clamped his fingers around her wrist, "Let's first go home, okay?"

Amelia sighed in disbelief.

Ontario welcomed the pretending to be Davis couple with a roaring thunderstorm and blinding flashes of lightning that ripped the sky.

It was on the pleasant weather they met him. He was bundled up in thick wraps that left his blushed face to be exposed to the violent sky. He had raven black hair, huge eyes, stuffed cheeks and tiny cherry red lips. Zeus's bad mood for the day didn't seem to affect him, as he slept peacefully in the arms of his old lady.

"Nice to meet you mother" Like a perfect gentleman, Jake made a respectful bow to Noah Davis's mother. The latter with a baby in her arms wore old style vintage dress, draped by a winter jacket that had seen better days.

Mrs Davis's crooked teeth tugged at her frost bitten lips. Her pale hands wrinkled by old age held out an envelope to Jake, "It is the place where you'd be working and living."

The obstinate mouth of the woman opened once in a blue moon. She preferred to reply by actions and gestures rather than answer orally, which could've frozen her slender throat. While Jake negotiated with Noah's mother, Amy observed the woman's hand tightly clutching the mass in her grasp, cradling it like the most precious treasure in the world. She suddenly had an urge to make the old hag jump out of her skin.

"Noah" called Amy, "Get our child. We must move before it rains."

Mrs Davis made a defensive posture, creating a wall between the baby and Jake, "No please. Don't take my baby away from me. Use my son's identity for an eternity but leave my Issac. He is just a baby." she begged.

Amy took a step closer to the woman, resounding a rigidity of determination. "I think my attorney mentioned it in the contract. You've already given up on your guardianship. The child now rightfully belongs to its parents."

"Please. Please let my Issac be with me. I beg of you" The old woman hugged her child to her bosom and got to her knees.

"Okay, have him with you." Amy gestured the woman to get to her feet with magnanimity of a queen having mercy on a sinner.

"Oh Thank you. Thank you so much." Before she could see the brightness of the day, Amy smashed her hopes to the ground.

"Give my money back."