Pretty Girls Lie

I wrote this chapter in three days, so sorry if it sucks 😩

Thank you so much for reading my story. 
__________________________________

Chapter XXIX:

[ The Next Day ]

TATIANA'S POV

Wow ! How could I not recognize him ?! Nathan ? It was him who was fighting with D the other day. But, why ? And what was that in the restaurant ? He came and ruined everything. We were spending a good night and here he came to piss everybody off. And he dared to call Trey's mother out of her name. This boy is definitely crazy ! He had always been. I had never liked him. He was a horrible brother to Naïma. He hit her. He talked naughtily to her. He let that bastard..Urg ! How I hate him ! Why is he back for ? And what's going on with him and my fiancé ?

I groaned in frustration and went upstairs in our bedroom. He was laying on our bed with his earphones on. His eyes were closed and he had his hands on his stomach. He was relaxing, but I was definitely going to ruin his time for himself. Now all I wanted was the truth. I knew something was up with him. I knew he was not telling me something. Something really important. I don't like liars. That's what Chris -my ex boyfriend- was. Hell ! That's the only thing he knew to do. Lie. 

I don't need a "second Chris” in my life. I had enough with him. Lies. Lies had never been a good thing in a relationship. If you can't trust your man, you shouldn't be with him. I trust D, but maybe he's fooling me. What am I gonna do when I'll find out what is hiding ? I can't leave him. No. Never. I love him too much to have the courage to do it. He's my everything. And after all we went through together...I can't live without him. He's my love. 

I sighed and climbed on the bed next to him. I took the earphones off his head and cut the music that was playing on his IPod.

He looked up at me like I was crazy.

"What ? " He asked confused. I tried to soften my expression, but I was too angry for that. F*ck that ! I'm gonna be angry and tell him all I have on the heart, right now.

"Do you have something to tell me about ? " I asked crossing my arms.

He was silent for a moment. Too long if you want my opinion, "Devonte, I asked you a question, so answer." I said starting getting more frustrated with the seconds.

"Okay...What's going on here ? Why are you angry for ? "

I rolled my eyes, "YOU, tell me what is going on ? " He was silent again, "Devonte, I know you're hiding something. I know you're lying about something. Just tell me and maybe, maybe, I won't be mad." I added starting raising my voice.

"What are you talking about, bae ? I'm not lying." He responded looking at me.

I took the pillow and hit him with that three times, "Yes, you are. How do you know Nathan ? " 

His face froze as soon as I said his name, "How do you know him ? " 

"Here, it's me who is asking questions and you are the one answering." I hit him again.

He took the pillow off my hands, "Stop with that, damn ! Nathan is...nobody important." He finally responded, but that was not what I wanted to hear. I wanted the truth and only the truth.

Suddenly I could feel the water coming in my eyes, "D, I'm your fiancé and we're going to be wife and husband in two months. I'm supposed to be your best friend. You can tell me everything. Do you even trust me ? " A tear fell from my left eye.