Chapter 29: Having cold does Have its Good Side, After All

Start from the beginning

But he wasn't as obvious when he found someone he liked, that was for fucking sure.

"Oh, my? Nevermind, nevermind that doesn't matter. He's unimportant, but you, my friend look a but ill, have you caught a cold?" no way in hell could someone with voice as innocent as that be related to that asshole from yesterday, or so the Russian allowed himself to believe. He excused himself to sit in front of Nikolas who didn't really matter as his mind drifted to the so-called Floyd as he remembered that it was the name those two devils used to set him up on that site.

Shit. He cursed, suddenly realizing that he knew his face from that picture, but he seemed to not have put two and two. Nikolas needed that deal more than anything, Vincent would've beheaded him if he failed. He couldn't allow himself to do so.

Nikolai's PA, Tamara Jelenovska, was a woman that couldn't stand that man's shit. It was precisely her that would clear after the mess he left and would even have to send apology letters and flowers and shit to his lovers after he would break with them and she wasn't blind to not notice his intentions at the moment. That CEO Nikolas Tyller was one of rare successful ones whose companies didn't have an ounce of breaking down both in the near and far future. Thanks to his lineage of professional businessman, they have managed to have connections with everyone, and literary everyone not to mention that their partnership with "Sway & Stray" company certainly raised the two above everything one could expect. Their partnership was also founded on a family trust as their daughter married the current CEO of that other company, which was an unbeaten proof of stable relationship.

If they were to help Nikolas found a fourth main branch in Russia, their name would've not only been renewed, but they'd also climb to top five on the Russian chart. Certainly, they've gotten the best chance possible, Nikolas was a person of integrity and rather willing to cooperate with them despite only being twelfth at the moment and it was like a god falling from the sky to them.

She fixed her glasses before pulling a lone strand of her black hair behind her ear and glancing towards Mariano with a nod.

They couldn't let their CEO screw up no matter what!

Nikolas felt like his luck had actually began to pity him and decided to show mercy by rendering him unable of using his own voice.

"Yes. I apologize that we had to meet under those circumstances, but please let's proceed to the reason behind our meeting. I'll do my best to do this properly." Maybe Nikolas shouldn't have said it so quietly (but it's not like he could scream with his throat dying bit by bit) or smiled at the end of it all because that's when the guy got completely hooked on to him.

"Oh, don't worry, don't worry, lyubimyi. I don't mind it at all, in fact I must say how impressed I am by you coming here despite being in that state. It's truly... How do you English men say... Astonishing? Ah, you get the point. Don't worry, again. Let's get on to the business now." Had Nikolas not have those conversations with him the previous night, he certainly would've fallen for the whole 'kind and nice person' act. Which was he could only sigh as the guy smiled un front of him like some kind of a saint that wouldn't wipe that stupid smile of his face.

Moreover, from those calls Nikolas also came to understand what that man's preferences were, so he was sure as hell that he had some lewd thoughts at the moment — which only inspired him to work harder and get on with it as soon as possible and run to Alis. Yes, he unwillingly admitted that he was better off with Alis than with that man.

At least she didn't spam his phone.

But then again, she did make others do so instead.

"Thank you. You see, my sister is coming all the way from America here today, so I'd be really happy if we could end this as soon as possible. I've dearly want to see her again, it's been quite some time since I last got to hold her in my embrace." If he's older and is into submissive men, then someone carrying deeply for his family so much that would put them before his job and is quite open about his feelings will do just fine.

"Oh, Bog," Nikolai gasped as Nikolas suppressed his smirk, "Of course, of course. I am more than willing to go along with this, forgive me for I am taking away your time."

Jackpot! He hit the goddamn jackpot, he knew that lying to Vincent all his life would've pay off in the end.

On the other hand, the older CEO who was too enchanted by his new business parter to notice that he was only trying to get away only cursed. He had hoped that he's going to be able to take him on a date after or something, but who was he to separate the heartfelt reunion of two lone siblings.

His respect for that somewhat younger CEO only grew more and more as his rage towards that Floyd completely dissipated now. He no longer gave a damn about someone as insignificant as an immature brat.

That. That which sat across him was what he's needed his entire life.

"I've brought the documents and all, I believe you have your own over there? Let's just pass through all points one last time and deal with disagreements. I only have three points I'm unsatisfied with, so let's please find a mutual interest without leaving the other party unhappy." Gone was his sweet and caring personality, back was the businessman Nikolas mistook for mafia boss when the met eyes to eyes minutes ago.

"As you wish," Nikolas smiled, asshole or not, at least he was good at what he's doing, "I just checked them an hour ago and there are also some points that bother me. Most are limits in your side, I feel that were restricting you too much and I dislike it. It's nothing like here and I do not condone injustice towards my men. What idiot even composed this contact? It's full od loopholes," as he grumbled to himself, Nikolai could only hold back a chuckle.

The contract was made by someone he rather disliked but couldn't really go against him as he was among the top charts and Nikolai's company was just another of their underlings. But with Nikolas' help now, they'll be able to separate and finally fortify their own business.

"I second that, I second that."

It took half more hour, both of them forgot the grudges they had for someone certain that ruined their previous nights, and everything passed with mutual agreement.

"This is probably the first time I'm seeing someone screw their boss and sell a company to someone else than wanted buyer, but we both share a mutual hate for that asshole, so it's okay," Nikolas said once it was all done.

"Once again, I second that. Not only was he unable to keep our company together, but he even gambled our resources and made us go bankrupt. He said to sell it to whoever offers more and all before giving me whole ownership, but who would've sell someone with those amounts of natural resources in undiscovered areas. Thank you for accepting our proposal again, Mr. Tyller."

Nikolas agreed with him, had they sold it, someone would've wasted all those riches and abandoned it in the end. But with the proper care, they could make it function for another twenty years with incredible income, especially if Nikolas were to aid them. It's a win win situation, Nik needed someone who was familiar with the terrace and whom people respected and were willing to work for, while Nikolai needed funds.

"Well then, we're on our way to the hotel. We don't want to miss the chance to sight-see the Big Apple. Once you're better and have will, would you mind showing us around yourself?" Nikolai asked just as he neared the doors, back was his flirtatious self that wanted to get info Nikolas' pants.

"Ah, I think that I'll be busy, but I'll make sure to find free time and do so. It would be my pleasure,"... Just hope you asshole!

With sarcasm lacing every single word of his he fortified with an so-called innocent smile, Nikolai became unable to resist him. He totally had him wrapped around his little finger.

"That's rather pleasing. Dasvidaniya, then."

"Arrivederchi..." and they were out, "You kinky bastard."