Epilogue.

Leaders come and go, it's the legacy of their deeds that denotes how they're remembered. I have watched Lexa Kom Trikru grow from a wide eyed young warrior into one of the most formidable Commanders I have ever bowed before. She has seen more loss  than I care to think of, yet has always stood strong for her people.
The fight against Mount Weather will be a long journey for my Heda, but I concern myself more with the fight she has with her own heart. Over the past few months I've watched Lexa close off her emotions. Only the the black ink etched upon her arm serves as a reminder of those she's lost, her mother, her father and now Costia. She seldom speaks her name or sheds her tears anymore. To be Commander is to be alone, but even though we must be strong to survive, I still hoped that my Trikru warrior would one day understand that love is not weakness.

As the warm summer breeze blew  past us, a brief sense of calm filled the air

As the warm summer breeze blew  past us, a brief sense of calm filled the air. At times life felt much simpler looking out over Polis into the horizon.
It was in that moment the sky offered us more than just a beautiful vista. From the heavens a blaze of fire streamed across the sky. I looked at Lexa who never took her eyes off the landing point of this object. This was no rock falling from space this was something else, something that landed with purpose.
Old stories of men that fell from the sky in metal ships filled my head. Friend or foe, Lexa had no intention of waiting to find out, "Send riders! Find out what or who has crashed upon our lands."
I nodded, "And if there are people out there? I queried.
Lexa looked at me, her eyes full of resolve, "I ask you, what good can come from this? I have no need for the troubles men from the stars will bring. Kill them!"
I walked away from my Commander to seek out what lay beyond that horizon. Deep in my heart I knew what I would find would be more complex than we could possibly imagine.
Everyone has a history and no doubt if there were people that lived amongst the stars, they too had their own story to tell. But for now I had my orders, my duty to my Commander.