Chapter 9: Snowstorm.

We settled at our location and remained there overnight. The next morning preparations were made to march our warriors over the borderlands of Rockline territory where no doubt we would be met with combat.
I voiced my concerns to Indra, Gustus and Lexa that we'd not heard back from the scouts that had been watching our enemies. Lexa feared the worst that they had been either captured or killed. This only enforced the urgency to engage our foes as soon as possible. Lexa had returned to the Commanders tent to gather her armour and weapons. Orders were given for the rest of us to be ready with the hour.
As I stood looking out over the lands we would soon draw our swords upon, snow began to fall. The wind changed direction, it's icy bite stinging my flesh. I suddenly became unnerved, my senses sharpened. I always trusted my instincts, they seldom failed me and right now they were screamed out a warning.
I gripped on tightly to my sword as my eyes scanned the horizon. Mist lowered as the snow fell much heavier than before. An eerie silence hovered around me and then I saw them riding out of the mist like shadows on a white canvas.
Azgeda and their forces were here, their weapons raised calling for blood. I yelled out at the top of my voice warning our warriors, "AZGEDA!" Panic filled our encampment as our forces ran to arm themselves. Indra rushed over  to see what was about to decend upon us. I quickly turned to her, "Warn Lexa. Tell Gustus to get his warriors into formation. Azgeda has brought the fight to us!" She nodded and without hesitation Indra ran to the Commanders tent.
I raised my sword as my warriors rushed to be by my side. We sounded the war horn as Azgeda and their allies stormed towards us. We stood fast, our gaze fixed upon our enemies, never flinching, never faltering. Blood burned in our veins, the time of war had arrived... Jus drein jus daun!

Azgeda and their allies cut through our camp with same power as the snow storm they brought with them. The war cheif held high the severed heads of our scouts. All had been massacred before they could warn us of the impending attack.
Lexa stormed out of her tent, sword in hand, Costia by her side and ordered her Generals and warriors to stand their ground. She brought a sense of focus to the chaos that had filled our camp.
We fought our enemies with the same force  they rained upon us. Crimson blood covered the white blanket of snow that lay upon the ground as the death toll increased. Warriors fell on both sides, but we maintained our stance.
Many hours passed, our forces retaliated with precision, gaining control and driving Azgeda out. I looked over to see Lexa and Costia fighting back to back. Both were injured yet never once allowed their foes to gain the upper hand.
The sound of a retreat horn echoed out, Azgeda were beaten. The soldiers that still remained were soon struck down by our blades. It was all over bar one last fight.

A crowd had gathered to see Lexa still fighting with an Ice Nation warrior twice her size

A crowd had gathered to see Lexa still fighting with an Ice Nation warrior twice her size. No one intervened, every warrior there new that this was The Commanders kill.
Sparks flew as Lexa's sword clashed with her opponents. Both warriors were injured and exhausted from battle but neither would yield. It was Lexa who was much faster that the Azgeda warrior. He swung his sword towards her face but she swiftly dodged the edge of the blade before driving her sword into the body of her enemy, dropping him to his knees. Lexa approached him and look him straight in the eyes, "Yu gonplei ste odon!"
She lifted her blade and swiftly sliced it down upon his neck. His severed head rolled to the ground as his body fell into the snow.
We raised our weapons and called out in victory to the heavens. The first of many battles to come was ours. It was our Commander that kept us strong that day, her fire  filling the souls of each and every warrior that fought. "LONG LIVE HEDA! LONG LIVE LEXA KOM TRIKRU!"