23 | Purple

Rakim Mayers

I quickly laced up my shoes as I grabbed my keys, cellphone, and wallet, then was out the door.

Today I was meeting up with Crystal to get Cameron from her, and hopefully, talk things out. It feels as if I haven't seen my mini me in forever. Because of the incident that happened the other day between her and Raven, I wasn't too surprised that she took Cameron with her.

She gave me the 'privilege' of having him live with me, but I guess I lost the privilege because of something petty. I wasn't tripping though. As long as I still got to see my son I was straight. One point that Crystal made that I actually agreed with was that we shouldn't let the court get into her mess.

Taking Crystal to court to get custody of Cameron would only shed negative light on my career, and give Crystal that attention she wants.

Once making my way to Crystal's house in reasonable time, I turned off the car, and said a quick prayer before hopping out. Lord knows Crystal was the closest thing to the Devil sometimes and I hated dealing with her. 

After the second knock, she was at the door letting me in, and closing and locking it behind me.

Somehow I noticed her stomach was slightly bigger, and for a moment I forgot she was even pregnant. If I didn't know any better, I would have just figured that she put on a little weight. I still couldn't believe she was actually carrying another child. I honestly had a lot of questions about the whole situation, but the child wasn't mine so I knew it didn't concern me.

Shaking my head clear of my thoughts, I took a seat on Crystal's couch as she went upstairs to get Cam ready. Shortly after, she returned with a fully dressed and ready Cameron.

"Here he is," she smiled as she placed her hand on top of his head.

I smiled in return as I made my way off of her couch, and to an excited Cameron.

"Daddy!" he yelled, jumping into my arms.

"What's up dude?" I chuckled, as we fist pounded each other.

"'Sup," he tried to say in a cool voice as he nodded his head at me.

"My boy," I laughed.

I found Crystal laughing too as she shook her head. "He definitely has your personality."

"Yeah," I awkwardly laughed.

An awkward silence fell over the room as Cameron looked at us with a confused look plastered across his face. It was sad knowing that not too long ago Crystal was the love of my life and we always had something to talk about. Now things have changed and Cameron was unfortunately in the middle of it all.

"So what do you two plan on doing today?" Crystal asked, suddenly clearing her throat to break the awkwardness.

Since I wanted to keep where we were going a surprise for Cameron, I decided to spell out where we were going. Cam could of course spell, but not long words or words that were too complex. I simply spelled out the words 'monster truck show' because that was where we were going.

A monster truck show was currently on tour, and today they were in town today. I knew big trucks was something among the many things that Cameron was interested in, so I decided to get me and my little man some tickets to go.

I had one extra ticket for Q so he could tag along with us, but he had a interview that he had to attend today that he didn't know he had until an hour ago.

"Ah," she nodded with a smile. "I'm sure he'll love that."

"Yeah," I agreed. "You should come with us!"