8 | Purple

Rakim Mayers

I let out a long sigh as I looked at the list that sat in front of me. Me and Sylvia had already gone through at least fifty candidates, and we still at least fifty more to interview. And so far, no one has caught my eye. It's not as if this was a dating opportunity for me, because males of course were auditioning, but they had to at least look as if they would be a good choice.

So far, every female that has came to audition either looked trashy and just wanted a few minutes with 'Asap Rocky', or they actually came to audition, but didn't even meet the requirements. If I'm making you my personal assistant, I need to be able to know you will be a good one.

If you don't even have anything good to bring to the table other than your looks, what good does that do my career?

I was tired of this already. I didn't even want a personal assistant anymore. How hard could it be to manage myself? So far, nobody reached my desirable requirements. This whole day was a waste of time, because before we knew it, we was eventually now down to only one person. Hopefully the saying 'save the best for last' is true in this situation.

And I think it was.

Right when I lost all hope, a very familiar person walked through the door. You guessed it. Raven. As long as I've been knowing her from high school, I knew she would make a good personal assistant. She was a trustworthy person, and was always up my ass about something.

If Sylvia wants to make sure that I choose a good person that will keep me on track, Raven was definitely that person.

After giving Raven the job right on the spot, Sylvia was of course pissed and a little skeptical. Did I care? Of course I care what Sylvia thought since she is in fact my manager, but she doesn't know Raven like I do.

Since Sylvia couldn't really do anything about my decision, since it was in fact, ultimately mine, and Raven was the last person to audition for the part of being my personal anyways, I called everything a wrap. Although today started off a little rocky, it ultimately ended on a good note.

As a way to celebrate, we went out to eat.

Sylvia of course wasn't feeling the fact that she would be somewhat a third wheel, so she decided to not tag along. She claimed she had work and more bookings and calls to make, so I let her be. I needed alone time with Raven anyways.

I had a lot to talk to her about. Although I didn't interview her for the spot of being my personal assistant, I had an even more important issue to interview her about.

Once packing up, and closing up shop, me and Sylvia went our separate ways. Luckily, Raven didn't drive herself here, so she had no problem with me taking her out to dinner. The auditioning process took literally all day, and I totally skipped lunch. My stomach was currently cursing me out, and I needed food inside of it as soon as possible.

Out of common courtesy, where ever Raven wanted to go, was where we would go. Once telling me that she was craving The Cheesecake Factory, we were on our way. I of course asked if her boyfriend would be okay with me taking her out, but she shrugged it off.

She simply told me 'He's my boyfriend, not my father. If I want to go out with a friend, he shouldn't have a problem with it.' I took her word for it, but if her boyfriend ultimately ends up upset that I took his girl out, he would just have to deal with it. Especially since he decided that he wanted to be extra rude when she introduced us.

At the moment, Raven was just my friend.

It would be nice if she was more than that, but at the moment, I have better things to worry about than an relationship. Things such as Cameron, and my career. Speaking of my mini me, his birthday is this Saturday! I wonder that Crystal plans on doing for him. Hopefully it's something nice and something he will enjoy.

Although I really do not want to speak to Crystal, or even see her, I wanted to be in attendance at my son's fourth birthday party. I was only pretending to get along with Crystal for Cameron's sake. But now with her pregnant again, I have no idea on how this is going to work out.

I still can't get over the fact that she had the nerve to bring other men around my son!

How could she? Crystal was never the type of woman to go and sleep with multiple guys, but now? I don't what got into her. My questions for her is though, is how many guys were around my son, and how many guys did she give up the pussy to?

It still boggles my mind that she really doesn't know who the father is.

Although just talking about it gets me worked up, I do admit that I was in the wrong yesterday when talking to her. No matter how much I didn't want to say it, at one point, Crystal was the love of my life. I even wanted to marry the girl for crying out loud!

Although I'm disappointed in her actions, I have no room to judge her. At the end of the day, she's my ex, and most importantly, the woman who birthed my son. Even though we are never getting back together, I'm sure she needs some type of support right now, and the last thing she would want is her own ex judging her.

___________________________________________
A.N - Yes, I know. This chapter doesn't have any dialogue. I really don't want to hear anyone going off about it though. It's a filler chapter .. I'm not skipping over any details and I know what I'm doing. So, with that being said, yes there will be dialogue in the next chapter. Just wait. Okay? Okay.