16 | Purple

Rakim Mayers

As soon as I dropped Cameron off at school, I had a very important interview to attend that Sylvia booked me for. Raven did a damn good job with making sure I got there too because I totally forgot about it. Luckily she got me there in reasonable time, and no one tripped. Afterwards, I was hungry as hell and wanted to go out for dinner, but I didn't feel like being bothered with too many people at the moment.

Raven of course came up with a better idea though. We would go back to my place, she offered to cook a nigga a nice meal, and we would just chill until it was tine to go pick up Cameron from school. He didn't get out until at least another five hours, so everything worked out perfectly.

Once making our way back to my place, Raven decided to raid my kitchen to see what type of things I had to get an idea on what to prepare. I personally hated cooking, but I always kept my pantry and refrigerator stocked up with all types of groceries. After Raven finally got an idea on what she was going to prepare, I decided to pop in one of my favorite movies.

"What movie you put in?" Raven asked as she joined me on the couch.

Just a few minutes prior, she busy preparing the food, now we had to wait until it was all done, and let it cook.

"What you feeding a nigga?" I asked in reply.

"It's a surprise."

"Well then finding out the title of this movie is a surprise too."

She rolled her eyes while sucking her teeth as she buried her head in the crook of my neck. In return, I draped my arm around her as the start of the movie began to come on. The movie I decided to put in was Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood, and of course Raven was upset.

She thought that we were watching an actual movie, instead of a 'stupid movie' such as this one. Of course this movie didn't have an actual plot to it, but it wasn't suppose to. Its a parody of other movies combined. The movie was genuinely hilarious, and the type of movie that will never get old.

Once getting into the movie, Raven too was laughing. She of course saw the movie plenty of times, and couldn't help but to say every word to each part. Around the same time that the movie was over though, the food luckily was done too. Once taking the movie out, we decided to eat and talk about what ever came to mind.

We were currently on the subject of Cameron since Crystal literally just up and decided that she wanted him to live with me.

"You sure you good with Cameron living here?" I asked once washing my food down with a glass of cold Pepsi.

Raven had prepared baked pork chops, scalloped potatoes, and string green beans. And it all was definitely good!

"Of course Rakim! That's your son!"

"So, I still want to make sure you're okay with it."

"Rakim do you know how much I love kids? He's also the sweetest little boy ever!"

I chuckled to myself while shaking my head. Raven was indeed a kid type of person, and loved any kid that she got around. I'm sure Cameron will also love her too, once they spend more time together.

"Besides, it's not like I'm living here," Raven added as she stuffed her mouth with a fork full of scalloped potatoes.

"You should."

"I should what?" she quickly raised her eyebrows.

"Live with me."

"Shut up," she laughed. "Rakim you -"

"Raven I'm serious."

She paused as she suddenly put her fork down on her plate and looked at me with. questioning expression plastered across her face.

"Think about it," I added. "You're my assistant. You're already running back and forth here from your house everyday, so it will be more convenient. Besides, you're my best friend. You know you're always welcomed to move in."

Raven sat there for a while as she contemplated on what she wanted to say. "What about my boyfriend?"

"What about him?" I snapped.

"I can't just up and leave him to live with you! You know how bad that will look in his eyes?"

"So? It's not like it matters."

"What are you talking about?"

"Raven you can't seriously like that nigga."

She said not a word as she awkwardly looked back down at her plate and began to dig back into her food.

"Raven I can tell in your eyes that you aren't happy. You deserve better."

"And what makes you think that you know everything?" she snapped.

"I don't know everything, but what I do know is that you aren't happy. It's written all over your face."

She rolled her eyes and she continued eating her food.

"What was it that you had to tell me?"

She instantly froze as she then tried to play stupid.

"What are you talking about?"

"Raven you know exactly what I'm talking about. You told me just the other day that you would tell me everything that's on your mind."

"Yeah, sooner or later! That doesn't mean I don't need anymore time!

"Well it's later. How much 'time' could you possibly need? Raven we've been friends for how long? You know you can tell me absolutely anything. Your shit is safe with me, and you already don't have to worry about me judging you."

The room awkwardly became quiet as I waited for what she had to say. She eventually sat her fork back down on her plate, then sat the plate down on the coffee table that was in front of us. As silence filled the room even longer, she took a deep breath as she began to finally tell me what was really on her mind.