17 | Purple

Rakim Mayers

I knew something about Luke was off.

The moment Raven opened her mouth last night, I automatically knew what she was going to tell me was going to be about him. Apparently, pretty boy Luke isn't all he makes out to be. According to the information she spilled to me, my assumptions about their relationship was correct.

Raven was no where near happy.

Apparently, she was in an abusive relationship with a bitch ass, jealous ass, sex addict. Raven spilled to me that when she obviously first him, he was a totally different person, but of course he changed over time. She told me that he didn't start to change until after she got 'fixed'.

Her definition of 'fixed' is the hysterectomy she got towards the beginning of their relationship. The hysterectomy of course caused her to not be able to get pregnant, or have monthly periods any more. Now knowing this, this is why he took advantage.

A part of me wanted to reach out to her and comfort her, but I didn't even know where to begin.

All of us closed our menus as Raven excused herself from the table to go and used the lady's room. I knew she wouldn't be in the bathroom for long, but this give me the perfect opportunity to talk to my little man. He was busy coloring in the coloring book that the waiter provided for him of course, as I cleared my throat.

"Drawing again?" I asked as a smile spread across my face.

Despite everything, my son is my world.

"No," he said plainly. "Just coloring."

"Why not draw a picture dude?"

He shrugged his shoulders as he put down the crayon that he was just using, and picked up a different color. "I don't have anything to draw today."

"Draw what ever is on your mind!"

"I don't have anything on my mind dad."

"Absolutely nothing? What about the fun time you just had at the park just a few minutes ago?"

He shrugged his shoulders as he took a sip of his Hi-C.

"You did have fun right?"

"Of course," he suddenly beamed. "Ms. Raven is really nice."

I chuckled to myself as I thought about all the fun that they both had together at the park just a few moments ago.

Ever since they first met each other, they've been inseparable every since. It put a smile on my face to know that Cameron accepted Raven without and questioning, and I thought it was also cute how much Raven cared for him as if Cam is her own son.

Speaking of that, Raven also spilled to me some of the other things that has been on her mind. Apparently, since she can no long be able to have children, that's why she gets upset when ever I bring up something about Cam, or any child in general. She said it does nothing but remind her of what she could have had, but no longer have a chance to have.

I knew her dream was to always start a family, but she never did tell me why she got the hysterectomy in the first place.

"Why does she have to be Ms. Raven?" I laughed as I wondered what was taking her so long in the restroom anyways.

"What else am I suppose to call her?" he giggled as he shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know," I giggled too.

"Is that your girlfriend?" he asked.

"Cameron you already asked me this. She's just a friend okay?"

"How come you and mommy don't live together?"

That question caught me off guard. That one I didn't have an answer too. I badly wished that Raven would hurry up and return back to the table. As if God had heard my prayers, I suddenly noticed her approaching the table.

Thank God.

"I don't know Cam. I love your mom, but I don't know," I honestly replied.

I did indeed loved Crystal, but we were separated for reasons that Cameron was too young to understand at the moment. I wish we were still together for Cam's sake, but I just didn't see it happening. But of course, God may see different. Maybe if Crystal's attitude was a little different, maybe I would consider giving things a second try, but I don't even know if it would be worth it.

Maybe 'first loves' are meant to be a lesson for a reason.

_______________________________
Authors Note:

Okay, so I had no idea on what I wanted to do with this story at first, but I think I figured it out .. First I had one plan, then I didn't like it, but now I like this new idea that I came up with. I try to prewrite a lot of my chapters, but none of it is completely done. So reading you guy's comments really helped me decided on where I want to lean this story. That's why you guys comments are important!

But anyways, I have no idea on how many chapters are officially in this story since I flipped the plot, but just know there WILL be a sequel. Thanks to all of you guys who are enjoying and supporting me in this book! The sequel will feature a lot more of his actually life, such as his life in Harlem, and it will feature new characters (as well as old ones) such as Danny Brown, ASAP Mob, and more of ScHoolboy Q, Joy, and charters who are introduced in later chapters.