18 | Purple

Crystal Collins

It seemed as if just yesterday I had got in contact with my past partners and broke to them the news of me being pregnant. Of course all three of them except one were pissed and automatically wanted to say that the baby wasn't theirs. Obviously three men can't be the biological father, but one of them had to be.

It was hell getting all three of them to agree to attend an appointment I had set up for today at a local DNA testing center, but I did it.

The three potential guys names were Justin, Gerald, and Corey. Justin and Gerald were just guys that I just so happened to meet at a bar during the time, and Corey was a good friend of mine that I have been knowing for years.

I had never met Justin, nor Gerald before the encounters that I had with them, so of course they wanted nothing to do with me, let alone a baby, and the feeling was mutual. Corey on the other hand, was a man about the situation, but I wasn't expecting the same from Justin and Gerald no ways.

Me and Corey have been knowing each other since high school. He has always had a crush on me ever since sophomore year, but I never gave him the time of day. There was really no specific reason to why I never gave him the chance. I just didn't. We were always very close friends, and someone who I knew would have me whenever I needed something.

Just like in this current situation. At the time, I needed comfort and I knew Corey would be just the right person to go to. At first though , I hesitated before running to him because I didn't want to be judged. I knew he was never that type of guy, but that's just how I felt at the time. I ended up not going to him until after my encounter with Justin and Gerald.

But now that all of that is over, all that mattered was figuring out who the father was of this child that I'm carrying. But Justin and Gerald prayed to God that the baby wasn't either of theirs, and I could honestly say once again that the feeling was mutual. I didn't want either of the three to be the father, and I wish I was living the big fairy tale life that I always wished for with Rakim, but this was reality. Someone obviously had to be the father, and I prayed that it was Corey.

God must have answered my prayers, because turns out, he was.

At the testing center that I went to, they had to collect blood samples from all three of them, and of course, me. Apparently, the child's DNA is naturally found in the mother's blood, so it all in all was a pretty smooth process. Once running several tests on all of our blood work, both Justin and Gerald blood work came out to not be a match.

Corey's DNA came out to be a perfect match to the child's.

After at least thanking Justin and Gerald to participate in the tests, once leaving, that left me and Corey to have to talk about some things. The whole situation was completely awkward, and we both didn't even want to address it right then and there. Instead, Corey offered to take me out to dinner tonight, and then will be our time to talk things out.

So here I was, getting ready to meet up with him for this .. what ever you want to call it. I made it known to him that I didn't want this to be treated as a date. Of course I know he has always had the biggest crush on me since high school, and he's now the father of the child that I'm currently carrying, but I didn't want to make a relationship out of this.

I simply wasn't attracted to Corey in that way, and I didn't want him to feel that we had to be in a relationship for the baby's sake. If that was the case, me and Rakim would be together for the sake of Cameron.

Once throwing on a nice presentable dress, paired with a pair of comfortable flats, I styled my hair up into a nice, sleek ponytail, grabbed my keys, then I was out.

Before meeting up with Corey at the restaurant he wanted us to meet up at, I decided to stop by Rakim's. I wanted to check on my baby, and especially since it was a weekend. When I arrived you could tell he was surprised. Both at the fact that I showed up on his door step without warning, and also probably the fact of what I had on.

I didn't have on anything too major, but I knew by the look in his eye that he liked what he saw, even if he didn't want to admit it.

"Wassup?" Rakim greeted me as he opened the door, then proceeded to inspect me with his eyes.

"Hey," I smiled. "Where's Cam?"

"Sleep."

"Really? At this time of day? It's only six! I stopped by to see how he was doing."

Rakim simply shrugged his shoulders as he stood in the door way and acted as if he didn't want to let me in.

"Can I come in?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow.

He was beginning to act suspicious.

"Uh," he replied as he nervously looked back behind him, then turned back around to face me without saying anything else.

I instantly pushed him out of the way to see what the deal was. As soon as I did, I immediately regretted it. I found Rakim's 'assistant' laying on his couch, with Cameron laid in her arms. Cameron was sleep, but she sure wasn't. Without any second thought, I immediately went off and removed Cameron from her arms.

"What the fuck Rakim! I thought I told you to not let this bitch think that she's his mother?"

"Who the hell are you calling a bitch?" the girl snapped back as she suddenly got up from the couch that she was just laying on.

"I'm calling you one bitch. My son has no business being in your fucking arms! Until Rakim coughs up a ring on your ass, you're no type of mother to him. Understand?"

"Crystal chill out man," Rakim suddenly butted in as he removed Cameron from my arms, laid him back down, then pulled me away from what ever the hell this girl was to him.

What ever she was, I knew she wasn't Cameron's mother!

"Let me go!" I yelled as I tried to break free from the grip that he had on my arms.

"You better keep holding her back because I don't know who the hell she think she is, coming in here talk as if she know me," the woman finally said.

Lord knows I was just two seconds away from punching that bitch in her fucking jaw if it wasn't for Rakim holding me back.

"You know what, I have some where to be

" I said sternly. "Rakim get off of me. I don't even have time for her."

Rakim hesitated before slowly releasing me. I was just inches away from the girl, but I decided to keep my word, and leave, Rakim followed behind me as I grabbed the door.

"Where you going?" he asked with a wave of curiosity on his face as he looked at my attire once more.

"A date. Is that okay with you?" I snapped.

What I did didn't concern Rakim because we're no long together.

It wasn't a date, but he didn't have to know that. As soon as the word 'date' slipped from out of my mouth, he looked as if he was somewhat hurt. He of course didn't say anything though, because he had no say so.

"Just make sure that bitch just never do some shit like that again," I spat before finally leaving and heading towards my destination.