4 | Purple

Rakim Mayers

After making our way to the entrance gates of the park, we whipped out our fast passes. We were not about to be standing in that long ass line just to get inside the actual park. Not only did we have fast passes for the entrance lines, but we also had fast passes for the actual rides. Yeah, me and Q are celebrities, but we weren't the only people who could get fast passes. Fast passes are able to be purchased by anyone. People were just too cheap to actually pay the money for them.

I didn't even feel at least a bit of guilty for using our passes. Today was Cameron and Joy's day, meaning that they deserved the best. What was the point of paying to get inside the park, just to be able to ride only about ten rides because of the lines?

Once inside the actual park, Joy was put on Q's shoulders, and Cameron was put on mine. They liked the fact that they were able to see most of the park from our shoulders. They both hated walking. They hated having to walk, and not being able to have a view of much due to how little they are.

The instant Cameron and Joy both saw a ride that they agreed on together, the games begun. Of course they stayed in Planet Snoopy though, because they were too afraid to ride the 'big kid' rides. Me and Q had no problem with staying in the kid area. As long as they were happy, that's all that mattered. Some of the rides in the 'kid' area were a little much anyways. Some of the rides even had my big ass screaming!

After a while, we took a break from the rides and grabbed something to eat. Almost all of the snacks me an Q had packed for them were gone, and we all wanted real food anyways. We ended up stumbling across a sit down restaurant with air conditioning, and they looked to have pretty good food. Once finding a suitable booth for us, Q watched the kids as I went to go put in our orders.

Unsurprisingly, the lines were stupid long. And unfortunately, the fast passes could only be used for attractions, not food. Considering the fact that I would be in this line for a minute, I decided to send Q a text. As soon as it went through, he replied back almost immediately.

Damn cuH! A nigga Hungry!

After replying back with 'I know bruh bruh', I stuffed my cellphone back inside my pocket. Right after I placed my phone back inside my pocket, I heard someone behind me call my name. I immediately mentally cursed before turning around to greet a fan. I love my fans, don't get me wrong, but whenever I'm in public, I just want to be 'Rakim'. Not 'ASAP Rocky'.

Ironically though, the person said my government name, instead of my stage name. When I turned around to see who it was that called me, I was surprised to see a good female friend of mine that I haven't seen in a while.

"Raven?" I questioned as my eyes widened.

"Hey," she smiled.

"Damn! I haven't seen your ass in a minute!" I examined as I pulled her into a brief hug.

"Like wise!"

"Look at you! Your ass done grew up on me. You look good."

Raven sheepishly smiled as she said the same for me. I haven't seen her in at least a good year and a half. She looked totally different, but in a good way. Raven was always a good looking girl, but now? I was lost for words. She was - wow. She was beautiful as hell, and she still had that same smile I loved. She wore a white and turquoise crop top that read 'California', khaki shorts, and white and turquoise Nike's to match. Her hair was thrown up into a ponytail, and her face was make-up free.

"How you been holding up?" I asked.

"Pretty good," she replied. "Just taking one day at a time."

"I feel you."

"How nigga? You're famous and shit, living the good life."

"My life isn't as perfect as it seems. Vinny you know me."

"Well, just stay up. Smile through the bull shit right?" she smiled as she playfully punched my arm.

"Of course," I chuckled. "You still got the same number? We can go out for lunch sometime and catch up on old times."

"Of course! Kimmy you know I've been having the same number for years."

I smiled at the nickname Raven gave me back in high school. I was Kimmy, and she was Vinny. Back in high school, we were inseparable. We were such close friends back then, that people often thought that we were even a couple. I had a small crush on her at one point, but of course, I never told her. When you have a gorgeous ass girl like Raven by your side, it's only natural for a guy to develop feelings.

At the time though, I was afraid to confess to her my feelings. I wasn't sure if the feeling was mutual, and I damn sure wasn't going to fuck up our friendship trying to find out. Raven was everything I could ask for in a friend. Our friendship was similar to what me and Crystal had at one point, but I've been knowing Raven longer than I have Crystal.

Raven had a boyfriend at the time, and I was also trying to focus on more important things, such as my music. My feelings for her eventually went away, but I still thought about her every now and then. We somewhat fell off once her relationship with her boyfriend became more serious, and graduation didn't help. She went off to college, and I went off to pursue my rap dreams.

That's when I met Crystal, and everything between me and Raven became worse. Me and Raven was still close, but not as close as we once were. Her and her boyfriend was speaking of marriage, and at the point, all feelings I had for her were gone. Me and Crystal were becoming closer, and me and her were right behind them on our way to the alter. But of course, me and Crystal's relationship wasn't as long lasting as I thought it was going to be.

Around the same time, I ironically started to hear from Raven more. We both sounded as if we were down, and at a rough patch in our life. I figured her marriage was at a rough patch, but I never asked or brought up the situation. She never asked about my situation either. In fact, Raven never even knew about Crystal.

"I'll hit you up soon so we can go out sometime," I said once conforming the number in my phone saved under her name was correct.

"Alright," she smiled, just as a guy approached us and wrapped his arm around her.

"Oh, Rakim, this is my boyfriend Luke. Baby, this is my old high school friend Rakim. Or, Asap Rocky," Raven giggled as she introduced us.

As soon as the word 'boyfriend' escaped her lips, a part of me became jealous. This guy, who currently had his arm around her wasn't the guy that she was in a relationship with before we fell off. What happened to her wedding? What happened to the other guy? More importantly, who was this guy?

Me and Raven definitely had a lot to talk about and catch up on.

I could tell just by the vibe her new boyfriend gave off that he wasn't the one for Raven. He looked at me with a disapproving look plastered across his face, as he acted as if Raven didn't just introduce us. I offered out my hand for him to shake, but instead, he looked at it as if he was too good to shake it. Well, there goes me trying to be nice.

I gave both Raven and 'Luke' a fake smile, before turning back around in line. I couldn't believe this shit.

--------------------------------------------
A/N - Am I the only person who thinks Rocky and Chanel Iman's relationship in real life is cute? ( imagine Raven as Chanel if you want ) Their matching grills and everything lol .. nevermind. Anyways, comments will help me decided when I regularly update this story. So until then, comment and stay tuned!