6

"Alright, let's get started." I say. I wait to jump into the Battle Room until everyone was at there positions. Then, instead of easily floating over to my position, I dived right in. Literally.

I pulled out the gun from my pocket, taking a few seconds at aiming, then I shoot. I catch Fray aiming at me. When he shoots, I shoot. The blue lights swirled together then disappeared.

"Really?!" Fray shouts. He slaps his gun against his thighs, but ends up shooting himself.

I laugh. "Wow,that was easy."

"Hopefully you're not like that when reality comes crashing down." Startled, I turn to face Ender. "Elena, I need to have a word with you." Ender grabs my arm but I pull away, leaving Ender's arms outstretched to me. I rub my wrist where his iron grip bruised me. "Please." I noticed a tear.

Sucking up whatever fears I had, I went with him. Outside the Battle Room, I picked at a priece of lint on my flash suit. "What is it?" I can feel his gaze burning into my forehead, but I can't meet his eyes.

"I'm leaving." Ender says.

I look up at him, completely and utterly confused. "What? For how long?"

"Forever. I'm not coming back." Ender clenches his fist. "And I have voted you as the new commander."

I blink back in surprise. "Did Graff do this?"

Ender shakes his head. "This is my decision. I have saved the human race once, but I am no savior."

"Ender.. I don't even know how to do the things you do!" I grab his hand. That shocked both of us, but I still held on. "If it wasn't for you, the buggers were going to kill us off!"

"True, you don't know what I know, but you are wrong, too." Without another word he turned and walked away.

As soon as he was out of sight, I ran straight down to Colonial Graff's office. I felt angry and sadness. I wanted to kill.

"Hey!" I was stopped short by Pink Hair. "What are you doing, running around like a maniac?"

I hold back a snide comment. "I'm going to Graff's office. What's it to you?" I put one hand on my hip and try to slow my breathing.

"I heard that your the new commander for Dragon Army." She pulls her pink hair over her shoulder. "Of course no one wants a murderer living with them."

One minute, I was casually standing there, the next I had Pink Hair on the floor, my hands around her neck. She small hands were gripping on my wrists, her legs flailing. Pink Hairs friends stood there gawking like total idiots.

"Don't you think everyone's had enough of your snide comments? I've only been here for three weeks and all you talk about is how Ender is a murderer! Maybe I am one too." Her body was shaking like a leaf in a storm. I tightened my grip a little, and a flash of terror flitted through her eyes. "This is no game we are playing here. Training everyday. Watching every speck of dust. Someday the human race will be wiped out because someone as idiotic as you will be put in charge." I tightened more, Pink Hairs face became red.

Then all at once, I snapped.