Chapter 35: Let it be

Craig's POV

- W- was that supposed to happen? she asked in shock.

- The last time I checked, it wasn't a dream so I guess it was supposed to happen, I chuckled.

- Whoah... It felt good, she said. 

That's what I wanted to hear from her. That it felt good... That just made my day.

- I never thought I would fall in love with a homeless girl.

- Hey, watch yo' mouth!

- Not if you watch yours first.

She smiled at me and stood up from the couch.

- Where you goin'?

- Back home. 

She calls her shelter home, now. Wow.

- So fast?

- I need to go see my dad and friends. They're probably freaking out looking for me everywhere. I'm gon' be in deep trouble, once I get back.

- Wait a minute, how'd you get here in the first place?

- Let's just say that it wasn't easy. It kind of remind me of the Underground Railroad.

- Uh... okay.

Time really goes by fast when you're with someone you like from all your heart. Seems like she was there a few minutes ago. I tried convincing her to stay but she refused to listen to me.

It was time for her to go.

- B-but Rachel, when will I see you again?

- To be honest, I really don't know.

- W-what do you mean?

- I need to go back with my family, Prod. They need me and I need them more than anything.

My heart was beating faster than normal. She couldn't leave. Not now.

- I need you and want you in my life too, Rachel. I-I love you more than anything and...

I was on the verge of crying but my manly side stopped me. No but really, it kind of broke my heart that she was leaving now! 

- Oh, Prod, since the day I saw you dancing with loud music from your window, I knew I was in love with you.

- So then stay! Stay with me! We can go any place you want! Rachel, I'm begging you to stay! Just for another night, please!

She took both of my hands and pulled me closer to her body.

- Don't be sad, Prodigy. It wasn't my decision. It's just what has to happen. Besides, Christmas is tomorrow. It's better that I leave.

At the end of the day, she was right. She can't spend Christmas without her own family. Who does that?

- Yea, I cannot spend Christmas without my dad.

Did she just read my mind? That was a little freaky. She smiled which made me smile and passionately kissed me.

- I don't want you to be sad, okay?

But you're leaving.

- Okay, I said with no conviction.

- Promise?

- I promise, Rachel.

- Now, kiss me once more...

Her soft lips were all over my face and it was enjoyable. But I wasn't enjoying myself to the max because I knew that she was leaving.

- I gotta go now. Good bye Prodigy.

- Wait! What else can we say instead of good bye? See you later?

- Perhaps, we can.

- Say it.

- See you later, Prodigy.

We looked at each other without saying a word and just hugged, deeply. Still feeling sad, I pulled away and said:

- You'll be coming back, right?

- If someone really loves you then, that person would do anything in their power to reunite. That's how you know when it's true love.

- And what if that person never comes back?

- Then let it be.

She softly kissed me on my cheek and left my house. She'll be back. Rachel will be back.

But deep down, I was scared. Frightened even. What if she never came back and decided to stay in her shelter forever? I mean yea, it's easy to go visit her from time to time but it won't be the same. What if she decided to go with this other nigga, Jaden? What if she doesn't remember me? All of those what if's made me ill. I did not want to be sad on Christmas Eve and when it was two days before my seventeenth birthday.

- Cheer up, she'll be back, Alexandra said.

- So you were listening to our shit the whole time?

- Well duh.

A lazy smile formed on my face. She always knew how to cheer me up. Even on my down days. One of the best sisters ever.

- Thanks Alex.

- For what?

- For everything. Everything you've done and did for me.

- Are you okay? You look kind of off.

- Yea I'm fine. I could be better, though.

- She'll be back, Craig. No worries. 

- And if she doesn't come back?

- Then let it be...

THE END.

_________________________________________________________

So this was the last chapter of the Homeless Girl. I hope ya'll liked it and put the most votes, comments into it. And if you're a silent reader, well, thanks 4 reading ma story. I don't know if you guys got the message for the last chappy but I hope you did:) I don't think I'll do a sequel for this story. It should just stay like this. I should LET IT BE the way it is, lol xD. Ok, Imma shut the hell up now but first, I want to know your opinion and thoughts about the book.

Well, ma job is done here! Thanks again!

- Alexia <33