"I know it's difficult but you need to do this. Please just be strong and do this for me and then we can get out of here and go on holiday somewhere nice or whatever you want." I hated saying that to her, it sounded insensitive and harsh, she'd clearly been through a lot but I didn't know how else to convince her to tell them what happened.

"Okay Nathan." She said simply, again her smile was only small but it was satisfactory for me. Just seeing her face, moving and bright was enough for me, I'd learnt not to be selfish or expect too much.

"I love you Lexi Greene." I whispered, staring down at her hand that she had voluntarily placed on mine, it felt like a small step in the right direction and I was so relieved because of it. All I wanted to do was to kiss her lips and hold her tight in my arms but I knew that that would only make her push me further away and I couldn't afford that, that could ruin us.

"Okay." She responded simply. Of course I wanted her to say the same thing back but I knew that would be greedy of me to expect her to be declaring her love after such a traumatic ordeal. It would take a long time for me to build up her trust and faith before she could love me whole heatedly but I was willing to put in the time because I loved her and requited love is all a man ever wants.

I stood up and opened the door for the police officers so that they knew that we were done and they could come back in.

"Ready?" Terry asked once they had both sat down again. Lexi nodded her head slowly, she began shaking more vigorously now and I was beginning to worry. It wouldn't be great if she got stressed out because it could make her pass out or something. The nurses told me that she could be discharged within the next few days but I knew if she did faint then she would be kept in hospital for longer.

"How did he take you?" He asked, it seemed like a good question to start with and I was curious too as to how it happened. Sandra pulled out a notepad and pen from a bag and began scrawling down notes. Simultaneously, Terry pulled out a recorder from his pocket and started to record the conversation. I guessed that the recorder meant that they could look back on the conversation and the notes were to make a note of anything physical like movements and actions and also to write down some background or history that may be useful.

"I went for a walk and a man dropped his wallet, I ran after him and gave him it but then he dragged me into his car. I... I didn't know it was h-him. I tried to scream but he had a g-gun. Then he held a cloth to my mouth and nose and I passed out." Lexi began, she stared down at the bed the whole time. Her eyes began to glisten with tears that were being desperately fought back, she didn't want to seem weak but she didn't understand that she had the right to be unnerved and scared. I wanted to do was comfort her but I knew it would hardly help the situation and she wouldn't appreciate it anyway, she didn't really want me near her at all but she was putting up with it because she needed someone.

My heart sank as she continued to speak. I didn't know what I had expected, a simple kidnapping with no threats or weapons but I was sadly mistaken. I didn't want to hear what else she had to say but I couldn't just leave her, she clearly needed support right now.

"And he took you to his house in the woods? Did you ever go elsewhere?" Sandra asked, her pen poised on the paper ready to note down whatever she said. My mind wandered for a moment, thinking about how many times she had done that. I wondered if she'd ever gotten upset by some of the horror stories people had told her but they weren't stories, they were people's realities.

"I was only ever in that one room." Lexi sighed, her grip tightened when she said the last two words so I imagined her mind wandered back to the room and it had frightened her. The thought of being back in that room made my skin crawl, it was so cold and hostile and every time I thought about it, I saw Lexi dying...