Questioning

(Scott POV)

We are on our way to the hospital. Mitch fell asleep while we were holding hands. I can't stop thinking about my actions, the shooter's actions, Mitch's actions.

I was in Drama with Mitch. We were working on our piece, Mitch had to go to the bathroom. I wasn't writing our script, Mitch is the creative one, I don't like to make decisions without him. I was just drawing a really shitty doodle and then my pencil broke. I went into the class to sharpen my pencil. As I was sharpening my pencil The announcement the played. I heard the gun shot and I started crying, many people did. In the bathrooms there are no speakers to hear the announcements, so Mitch didn't know that our principal had just died. I couldn't leave the classroom, I couldn't text Mitch. I was scared for my life, for Mitchy's too. There was one gun shot, it sounded like it was far away from the bathroom. It was followed with a loud scream and cry for help. Our drama teacher started to freak out.

"We can't just let her die. I'm leaving the class to help her." He told the whole class.

I could've told him to stop, but I didn't. Next thing I know our drama teacher gets shot, almost immediately after he closed the classroom door from outside the hallway. A couple football players brought him and the girl inside the class. There was a first aid kit and people who knew first aid helped and did anything they could.

I went outside of the hall, to look for Mitch. I turned around the corner and saw Kirstie and the shooter.

"Why are you hurting everyone? What I did wasn't that bad. If it hurt you so much why didn't you just talk to me about it? Instead of killing and hurting so many people! Please dad, don't do this. Kirstie screamed while sobbing.

Her dad pointed the gun at her chest.

"I'm not your dad anymore." He answered.

I closed my eyes I couldn't look. I heard one gun shot and started sobbing.

I'm a coward, you killed your best friend. I thought.

"Mitch! No please da-"
Followed by another gunshot.

I ran back to the class sobbing. I ran to the back of the class and curled up into a ball. It was about two minutes later when we heard the last gunshot. A police officer came into the class dismissing us for the day. I heard the football team cheering because there was no school, I wanted to punch them.

I ran outside, hoping Mitch was getting take care of. Without realizing it I saw Kevin, Esther and Avi sobbing. I didn't even take time to care about it because I needed to make sure that Mitch was safe.

I found Jeremy who was also sobbing. I was such a coward I pretended that I didn't know anything.

"Do you know where the others are?" I hugged him. I felt his sweaty palms on my back.

We went up to a police officer and asked who was shot. They didn't say Mitch's name so he was in the school somewhere. I saw the whole gang get into the car to go to the hospital. They asked but instead I looked for Mitch. I entered the front doors, I had to avoid all the police officers, they were looking at the dead body. There was a bullet in his head, blood all over the pavement. I looked in the office the bathroom. Mitch hid somewhere or Kirstie's dad trapped him somewhere. I saw the home economics teacher run out of a MPR. I ran over and saw Mitch, passed out.

He had a gunshot in his leg, it looked like the wound got bigger. He was bleeding so much. I kneeled down and looked at his beautiful face.

"Mitch wake up.. I need you. I love you... I'm sorry I wasn't here. Kirstie may die, you can't die too. Please Mitch.. I need you." I whispered.

He woke up. He took a deep breath and got a haunting phrase out of his mouth.

"Scott get someone besides the home economics teacher."

I had no clue what happened. I looked at his belt and it was undone. I wondered if he had cheated on me with a teacher or if he had got raped. As I looked at Mitch the home economics teacher walked in. I stood up and brought him out into the hall. I didn't want Mitch to see but I was angry.

"What happened? Why is Mitch's belt undone? Tell me now. Hurt me with the truth, don't comfort me with a lie." I whispered to him so Mitch couldn't hear us.

He looked at me, then the ceiling and then me again.

"We had sex. I picked him up and his wound got bigger, I didn't see it. He was on the ground and I.... Listen, I didn't know he was unconscious."

"Did he say he wanted to have sex with you?" I asked him getting angrier by the second.

"I didn't ask." He answered and I was angry.

The paramedics came in the school and we pointed to where he was.

"You raped my boyfriend, a student. You are a teacher. That is not okay. You know what..." I started yelling, I didn't care any more.

I looked over, Mitch was on a stretcher looking at us. I looked at Mitch thinking,

One reason Mitch likes me because I'm not aggressive. If he sees me punch this teacher he may think two things. I'm protecting him or I'm different now and very aggressive.

I was going to take my chances.

"I'm sorry Mitchy." Followed with a punch.

I shook my hand and ran over to hold Mitch's hand all the way to the back of the ambulance and now we are here. Back with Mitchy sleeping and thoughts filling my mind. I calmed down a  bit from all my anger but I still was questioning so many things.

Why didn't Mitch try to fight the teacher?

Why was I such a coward?

Why didn't I help Kirstie and Mitch?

What will be the outcome of me punching the home-ec teacher?

Will I get suspended?

Will he get fired?

Why was Avi, Kevin and Esther crying?

What did Kirstie do that was so bad that her dad killed and hurt so many people?

Hey Queens!! I have something you can do right now! All the questions above, if you like theorize and answer them! I would love to see your theories! Do not forget to Comment and Vote it really inspires me to keep writing this.