Chapter 14: Take Me Away

Take Me Away

I was kicking major ass, and don’t let the boys tell you otherwise. Sure, I was only playing against Harry and Ed, PLUS I had Niall on my team, but I was kicking major ass. I’ve only ever played FIFA twice prior in my life, but Harry and Ed were being pummeled. You can completely ignore the groans of the losing duo to my left, and listen instead to Niall and me laughing victoriously.

Just as I was in the midst of kicking the score winning goal, Story of My Life came blasting out of my phone. That was the assigned ringtone for unknown numbers. I promptly paused the game before answering. You know, I’ve gotta stop doing that, it could be a crazy fan one of these times. But let’s be honest, that’d be awesome.

“Isyss speaking,” that’s right bitches. I have a cool way to answer the phone. Niall suggested a pun, but I suggested kicking his gonads into next Tuesday.

I fucking hate puns.

“Hello, Isyss. This is Jarvis Daye, but you can call me JD as my full name makes me sound like the villain in Jaws.” A chuckle came out of my mouth as his joke, but he sighed dryly and responded with, “Do not laugh. It wasn’t a joke.” No humor from this guy. It’s like Zayn, Harry, and Liam back in May. “I’m the director for Not Shakespeare, and I’d like to offer you a role.” Ohmygod. “Ella Moore was your competition, but there has been a sex tape released, and we can’t have that publicity ruining the goal of our film. We’re offering you the role of Kristen. Would you accept?”

Of course I had to take a minute to process the entirety of the information he presented me with. Not to mention that the boys are staring me down like prized meat covered in garbage. They’re intrigued to find out, yet they don’t want to ask. Fools. “Uhm, of course,” I managed to splutter out. “I absolutely accept.”

“Great,” though his tone showed anything but enthusiasm. “The first read-through is tomorrow at 8 am in Groveland Studios, Lot 4D. Can you make it?”

“Yes. I know exactly where that is.” It was one lot over from where Imagine was filmed. It was approximately 10 minutes from Chinos.

JD managed a weak laugh before continuing. “You’ll meet your cast, including your Romeo. See you then.”

“Thank you so much for this opportunity.” I hung up the phone and turned to face the six boys with raised eyebrows and interested smiles. I was about to start squealing joyously, but I noticed the paused game. Being polite, I cleared my throat and held up my pointer finger, prompting them to hush.

Controller in hand, the game was unpaused and we all watched the ball fly into the net that Harry was poorly guarding. The second the console informed Niall and me of our win, I let out a scream that made Ed and Niall (as they were right next to me) cover their ears.

“Good news Isyss?” Of course it was Zayn to be so plain. Holy shit that rhymed.

“Yes.” I took in a deep breath before reciting, “You are looking at the new Kristen for the movie Not Shakespeare Directed by the Shark known as Jarvis Daye. I got the part, and I get to meet my Romeo at read-throughs start tomorrow at 8, but the most important fact of all has nothing to do with us. Ella Moore has a sex tape that’s been released, and despite my utter virginity, I need to see it.”

I’d like to say that everybody had unique reactions, but every guy –besides Liam- Stood up and raced to Ed’s laptop that was on the table away us. Liam took the cool guy approach and closed the laptop in front of everyone just as it’d been opened. “I’m all for watching it,” he began. “But Isyss. You don’t want to watch this with 6 boys.”