Chapter 7: Take Me Home

Take Me Home

The following Saturday, I found my BFF day lounging around the pool with Ed, One Direction, Jeff Mace, and Noel. The thing I loved most about having everyone know about my tattoo and belly button piercing was that I could actually swim. I’d only been able to go swimming when Noel and I visit her parents in San Diego because only she knew about it.

Jeff Mace learned about it when he lured me out of my dressing room in my bikini while we were filming Imagine. The 10 people on crew saw them as well, but we managed to swear them into secrecy.

The boys learned about my tattoo as they mauled me in the kitchen, but you knew that.

But today, all 8 of the people that knew my secret were poolside, just hanging around as friends. I was the first one to dive into Ed’s pool, and he was the second. He knew how happy I was that I could finally swim, so he let me have the chance.

One by one, each of the guys slowly cannonballed their way into the pool. Noel gracefully got herself thrown in by Jeff Mace. But once she was in, she was glad to join our recklessness.

We all found ourselves in a game of chicken. I was on Ed’s shoulders and Noel was on Jeff’s. We started the game, and let’s just say I won. I mean, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that I’m 4 inches taller than Noel, and Ed had stronger shoulders than Jeff.

But I wasn’t risking my chances with Ed. Niall challenged me to a game against him on Harry’s shoulders, so I called Liam over. Have you seen his body? I don’t care how many times I say that, his body is per-fect.

Niall and I versed off, and this game went on longer than Noel’s and mine did. Then again, Noel wasn’t even up long enough for us to finish saying Go. Niall’s grip was a bit tight on my shoulders, but it wasn’t anything I couldn’t handle.

After he couldn’t knock me down for the first minute, his grip got even tighter. I used it to my advantage and began wincing. “Ow,” I moaned. Niall’s face instantly turned into one of guilt as he removed his hands. Before he could process what was happening, I had my hands shoving into his chest, making him flop into the water.

While Liam and I cheered, Niall jumped from under the water. “S’ not fair. You cheated.”

“You fell for it,” I pointed out, letting Liam help me off his shoulder. “Thank you Liam.”

We all played in the water a little while longer. I managed to convince everyone to get a whirlpool going. It lasted for 5 minutes before we all tried walking in the opposite direction as the wave flow, and everybody struggled. It kept trying to push us backwards, and over the sound of mine and Niall’s laughter, I don’t think anything else could be heard.

Like I said, Niall and I were laughing; everyone else was groaning and trying to stay still. Hell, Blondie and I continued laughing long after the whirlpool stopped. Eventually, Ed got me to shut up by sending me into the kitchen to cook. I mean, I did volunteer earlier anyways.

Liam offered to help, and I gladly accepted it as nobody else was going to. I mean, the sun is shining, but it’s only 70 degrees out. 70 degrees in Los Angeles? That’s almost winter. They were resting in the breeze outside. Who could blame them?

We got into the kitchen, and while I wanted to start on the food, Liam was interested in conversation, quickly asking me about how I was coping with not being in the acting game anymore. And that included my old costar. “So how are you and Tristan?”

“We’re alright…” We’ve only really talked like twice since we ended the filming. “I guess.”

“That doesn’t sound promising.” Well of course it doesn’t, Liam. Because it isn’t.

Take My Heart (Liam Payne)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara