Chapter |1|

~Diana's point of view~

One thing I absolutely hate is when my friends and I make plans over the weekend and they run hella late.

My friend Maddy and I were supposed to go to the mall today at noon to get new nikes specifically the black ones with no white around the bottoms like the ones I have now, but Maddy being the girl she is just seems to be running late... it's 6 o'clock and it doesn't surprise me at all anymore.

"Dude tonight is the night she's coming over to meet my mom and her boyfriend!" My brother Josh says into his phone walking through the living room to get to the kitchen, after he reaches the kitchen he grabs a handful of popcorn stuffing it into his mouth chewing as loud as he possibly could, little particles of popcorn flying out of his mouth.

"Yooo! How do you think it's gonna go?" A familiar voice says on the other line, why is it that he always puts his friends on speaker when he is on the phone?

He always seems to be bringing home girls and when he wants my mom to meet them, it's probably a 'serious relationship' as my brother likes to say which is complete bull.

"I mean, Dani is a really spectagular girl." He begins making a chuckle escape my lips as he bends over the island in the kitchen.

"What?"

"Did you just say 'spectagular girl?'" I questioned walking into the kitchen.

He smirks at me with a stupid wink. "Yes, yes I did."

"It's spectacular dumbass." I laugh before popping a piece of popcorn into my mouth.

"Shut up Diana, you don't know shit."

"Actually... Ana is right Josh it's spectacular not spectagular." The boy says through the phone causing my brother to get frustrated.

"Shut up Justin."

Justin is one of my big brothers friends, he's on the basketball team and he's pretty tall, he's like 6'1" which is just two inches smaller than my brother and like a whole foot taller than me. I'm 5'1", small I know.. don't judge.

"Anyways-" Josh tries to continue talking about some girl he probably is going to play but JT interrupts him.

I call Justin JT because it's just a nickname I kind of just made for him.

"Hey Ana?" Justin's disembodied honeyed voice says catching my attention along with Josh's, Ana is one of my nicknames and I only allow some people to call me it.

"Yeah?"

"Can you text me back? I really wanna talk to you.. about what happened between us."

I sigh thinking over it. "We'll see Justin." Is the last thing I say before walking out of the kitchen.

I flop down on my bed after I reached the second floor and got to my room.

This Friday has been really uneventful... I am about to get underneath my covers when my phone begins to buzz in my right pocket of my grey joggers which I might have taken from my brother.. But he didn't notice so.

"Hello?" I sigh answering the phone call of a very out of breath Maddy.

"Diana.. I'm so sorry I lost track of time!" She spat out not sounding very sorry, ugh.. when is she going to stop making me wait up for her then never show up?

"You always do this..." Fidgeting with the hem of my long sleeved t-shirt.

"I know and I'm sorry! Please can we reschedule for next weekend? Something came up." The sound of a low laugh fills my ear coming from the other side of the line.

Did she stand me up to have sex? One thing this girl needs to stop doing is sleeping with everyone.

"You stood me up to have sex?!"I practically screamed into the phone.

"I wasn't planning on it! I swear!" She says causing me to scoff. "Bye Maddy." I say in a monotone and hang up.

I throw my phone down on the other side of my bed and try to sleep off my anger.

***

I only seemed to be able to get an hour of sleep because there was a knock at the front door and a lot of chatter as well, but my mom told me to come down for dinner.

"Mom, I'm tired... continue without me." I groan.

One thing you should probably know is that my brother and I were adopted at a young age, my brother has the same birth Mom as me though.

"Diana no, come down right now Josh's girlfriends here for dinner." I didn't hear the last part of what she said but I guess I must go down.

Once I got down to the kitchen I see a brunette standing right besides my older brother and my mother is now setting up the kitchen dinner table when I clear my throat causing everyone to look at me and my heart begins to race as I meet a pair of hazel eyes that see right through me.

"Oh um.. Danielle, this is my little sister Diana." Josh says and the girl gives me a comforting smile which makes my heart jump out of my chest.

I finally manage to give her a smile but I look down at the floor feeling my cheeks beginning to heat up. Why am I shy?

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Danielle." She holds out her hand and I shake it.

"I-I'm Diana." I stammer, I'm so dumb.

"Alright I think dinner is all ready.. where's Pete?" Mom asks looking around the room.

"Right here sweetheart." Pete says holding onto her waist kissing her cheek.

I make my way to my seat which is right across from Danielle. Well, this is gonna be awkward.

***End of chapter one***

Aye this is gonna be a pretty lit book, Yep yep there's a lot of my brother's girlfriends out there but I thought I would give it a shot because I got pretty inspired.

Vote, comment.

~Vanessa