Read My Lips: Chapter 13

Start from the beginning

The closer it got to the end of the week, the closer it got to the date for my operation. I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t terrified. Going to school, I literally blocked everyone out. Not that I could hear them anyway but I was pretty sure that I just looked like I was in a permanent trance.

The teasing from Luke and Amy continued which wasn’t really anything new. But I guess that even they could see that I was more distance than usual. Zach and his friends continued to sit with me at lunch as well as Rebekah who I was now really close to.

I still didn’t really understand which Zach and his friends were considered the ‘bad boys’. When you really got to know them, they were just big softies. Especially Zach but I don’t know if that was just aimed towards me or not.

My parents also knew that I was dating Zach and they were surprisingly happy about it. It was probably due to the fact that I never really had friends or anything and now I had someone like Zach who really did care about me.

Right now though, it was Friday evening and Rebekah was staying over at my house for a ‘girly night in’. Would it be weird if I said that this was my first ever sleepover?

There were about 5 pizza boxes spread out in front of us as well as popcorn and all that other junk food, bottles of pop and a large pile of chick flick DVDs. We had moved onto my bedroom floor with a pile of duvets and pillows with us.

Right now though, the topic of conversation seemed to have drifted to boys.

“What happening with you and Jake?” I asked, taking a handful of popcorn from the bowl in front of me. I placed a piece in my mouth, the taste of toffee taking over.

A blush covered Rebekah’s face at my question. She liked him, I knew it already. “I… I don’t know. I mean, we get on really well but I don’t want to push it if you know what I mean. To be honest, I don’t even know if he likes me back.”

I wasn’t one to know much about boys but even I could tell that Jake seemed to like her… and not in the friendly way. “He does. Trust me. Even I can tell.”

She blushed harder at my reply before she grabbed another piece of pizza from the box closest to her. “I don’t know. I guess we’ll just have to see what happens.”

“I always right,” I began, a smirk plastered on my face. “He like you. You like him. It all going to come together.”

I enjoyed teasing Rebekah, to be honest. It was fun to see her been the embarrassed one for a change. Her face was slowly getting redder and she was fiddling with her bracelet that lay on her wrist.

“Stop teasing me!” She demanded, holding her hands to her cheeks in an attempt to hide her blush. “Now it’s my turn. What about you and Zach?”

And just like she said, my face heated up by the mention of his name. It was an automatic reaction.

“Aha!” Rebekah grinned, pointing a finger in my face. “What’s going on between you two?”

“Well, we together.” I grinned sheepishly.

“I knew it! I ship it!” She giggled, pulling me into a hug. When she pulled back, a frown was on my face. “Why are you frowning?”

I raised my eyebrows at her. “You ship it? Really? You watch too much TV.”

Rebekah faked a gasp before lightly hitting my arm. “You watch too little.” She retorted.

A chuckle left my lips as I lent over to grab another piece of pizza from in front of me. Rebekah done the same before we both snuggled back into the duvet. I pressed play on the DVD player and John Tucker Must Die started to play.