Chapter 7

(Louis' Pov)

Harry and I hadn't spoken about the kiss on his cheek since it happened and I don't think we ever will be talking about it.

I don't know what is going on between us but there shouldn't be anything. We are friends that is all and that is all we can be. That is what I keep telling myself.

The boys have a concert tonight and I have to be on full guard. Luckily there will be no distractions as the boys will be on stage and I won't be focusing on them. I am planning on surveying the arena at all times whilst trying to do some more research. 

We arrived at the arena precisely 24 minutes and 36 seconds ago and the boys were dragged into sound check exactly 2 minutes and 13 seconds after that. Told you I am on top form today. They are currently still in sound check and according to Paul they will be in there for at least another 20 minutes. Mainly because they have been messing around more than actual sound checking.

I had already done a check of the arena once today and I plan on checking it for the second time as fans start arriving and then again several times throughout the show.

After a while wait, I got a call from Dylan.

'Agent Tomlinson I have an update on the phone that contacted you.' He stated, sounding very cheerful as usual.

I smiled a little, wanting to know every detail. 'Go on.'

'The phone was a disposable phone that was disconnected seconds after the texts were sent to you. I traced the phone to it's last position and it was ditched south of Baker street. So being the amazing person I am, I went and found the phone and I am now working on any other information I can find out from it. Seeing as the phone is broken it is a difficult task.' He explained, typing away on the keyboard.

'Thank you Dylan and despite your big head you are amazing. Let me know when you know more.' I said, pulling out my laptop. 'I also have the memory stick that Lisa gave me.'

'What memory stick?' He asked, completely clueless.

'The memory stick that was left at Basilone's last known position.' I replied.

'Really? Nobody tells me anything in this office.' He sighed. 'What do you need?' 

'As I can't leave the arena, I need you to stop by and pick it up and see what you can find out about it. I will let Paul know who you are, so he can let you in. This guy has been in the same room as me a couple of times now and I didn't even know.' I replied, feeling stupid that I let it happen. This is why sleeping is a weakness.

'Will do boss. I'll be there in a few hours, I just need to finish up a couple of things here.' 

'Thank you. I owe you big time.' I said, opening up the files from the memory stick that I had saved onto my laptop.

'Just doing my job. Good luck.' He said and hung up. 

The more I looked at the images, Basilone took, the more I frustrate myself. I have never dealt with a more difficult criminal. I don't know what game he is playing but I hate every bit of it. He is clever but I have to be smarter otherwise I will win. I can't loose. I am pretty sure he doesn't want to loose either though.

I spent the next 17 minutes studying the photos and going through the information that Dylan had previously sent me. At the same time, I had a second laptop open with each other security cameras on, so I could keep an eye on surveillance.

'Hey Lou!' The boys shouted from ahead and I immediately closed both of the laptop lids. 

'Hi.' I replied, standing up and heading towards them.