Auston Matthews - Part Thirty-One

Waking in the morning in a sea of sheets and Auston's face nestled against my shoulder, I can't help but stare down at him. 

His hair is a complete mess, and I can already see the shadow under his eyes from lack of sleep. We had spent the night gently waking each other until we were both utterly exhausted. Even though he had played games on back to back nights, he still lasted longer than I had. Now looking down at him, his bare chest just visible from me throwing the sheets off, probably from overheating from his body and mine, I can hardly believe I'm waking up next to him again.

I try to lay there as long as I possibly can, letting Auston sleep but my bladder doesn't let it last much longer. Luckily, he's only resting his torso against me and I'm able to wiggle my legs to the edge of the bed, though getting his head off my shoulder proves to be a little more difficult. I move as slowly as I possibly can but it still wakes him. Auston blinks his brown eyes at me, the tired expression on his face melting my heart and a small part of me dies.

"Hi," I whisper, smiling at him while lightly touching his face with my fingertips.

"Hi," he whispers back, taking a deep breath and sighing, nuzzling my chest and frowning when he realizes I have a t-shirt on. "I don't remember you getting dressed?" He asks, picking at the shirt with his finger.

"After the last time, you were kinda out of it after..." I bite my lip to keep from laughing when his eyes narrow at me.

"I remember that very clearly, just nothing after," he says and I giggle.

"As much as I would prefer to lay here with you... I really have to go the bathroom," I shift my legs and make a face at him.

"Fine," he pouts and detangles his arm from around my waist and lifts himself on to his elbow so I can slide out from under him. The sheet pools at his waist and I blush, quickly looking away. Auston chuckles and pinches my side.

"Still shy?" He asks, grabbing my arm and pulling me down for a kiss.

"I'm not shy! I'm just being respectful!" I protest but let him kiss me anyways.

"You can disrespect me anytime you want," he smirks up at me and I swat at his bare chest.

"Auston!" I scold and he laughs.

"Hurry back," he says, putting his hands behind his head and giving me a look that makes my stomach clench.

I make to stand up and instantly have to sit back down, wincing slightly.

"Everything okay?" Auston asks, frowning at me and probably wondering why my face is fifty shades of red.

"Uh... yeah, everything's good," I say quickly, gritting my teeth and cringing as I stand again. Oh my god! I whimper quietly as I retreat to the bathroom, closing the door behind me and leaning against it, letting out a sigh of pain. Dear God, what did he do to me? I stumble to the sink and look into the mirror. My eyes are too bright and my cheeks a dusting of red, a slightly smug look on my face but also a twinge of discomfort.

When I walk back out into the bedroom he's still laying on the bed, his eyes flash up my bare legs to my face.

"Quit just standing there and come here," he says, holding out a hand to me.

I gingerly make my way to bed and hope he doesn't notice. "You're walking funny." So much for that.

"I am not," I mutter, climbing onto the bed and resting on my knees beside him.