Auston Matthews - Part Eleven

For the second day in a row, Mrs. Matthews wakes me gently, touching my forehead and whispering to me that it's time to get up. I groan and push my face into my pillow, while I hear Mrs. Matthews and someone else laugh quietly. I peek up and see Auston standing in the kitchen, already dressed for the day in a suit, I ogle at him for a moment since he hasn't noticed me staring yet. Instagram just doesn't do him justice. The suit is tight in all the right places, its design sleek and cool. My eyes go from his head to his feet and back again, only I meet a pair of brown eyes instead.

Auston gives me a smirk and before I can even blush, he turns his back to me and bends over to grab something from a drawer, and I'm blessed with the full view of his ass in perfectly tailored pants. My jaw drops in shock from A: the fact that he actually just did that and B: the fact that he actually just did that. He emerges from the drawer emptyhanded and meets my gaze again. I narrow my eyes at him and decide that because Alex and Breyana are still asleep and Mrs. Matthews has returned to her bedroom, that two can easily play that game.

I shimmy out of bed and after making sure Auston is still facing me, although his attention is on something on the counter in front of him, stand slowly. I stretch my hands slowly above my head, my shirt coming up slightly and exposing my midriff, I tighten my leg muscles and bend my back. Once thoroughly "stretched out," I drop my bands to my side and turn to face Auston. His head is still tilted down towards the counter but his eyes are on me, his expression unreadable.

"Morning," I say cheerfully at him as I pass by the counter to go towards the bathroom. I supposed there are worse ways to wake up.

Twenty minutes later I'm standing at the door with Mrs. Matthews, waiting for Auston to put his coat on so we can go.

"Call me after you get done," Mrs. Matthews is saying, her hand running through my now straightened hair. "After you call your parents of course," she adds.

"Ema, I'll call you right away," I reassure her for the hundredth time.

She gives me a tight smile, and I swear there's tears in her eyes.

"You know how proud we are of you sweetheart, always so proud," she whispers and pulls me in for a hug. I feel tears well in my eyes and blink rapidly, I am not about to ruin my makeup for a few tears.

"I know, and I love you for it," I mumble back, a little embarrassed, but feeling more love than ever.

She squeezes me once more and then hugs Auston, probably so he doesn't feel left out.

Auston opens the door and ushers me out. I wink at Mrs. Matthews and give her a reassuring smile.

"I'll see you in a bit," I say before Auston follows me out the door.

"I swear she loves you more than she does me," Auston says as we make our way to the elevator.

"Can you blame her?" I tease back, pressing the button to call the elevator.

"I suppose I can't, I should probably ask for my pucks back," he replies and I can't help but laugh.

Once we make it outside, he opens the car door for me again.

"You look nice by the way," he says, gesturing to my outfit, but I think he's referring to my skirt more than anything else, even if I am wearing tights.

"Nice suit," I say as I climb down into my seat. "You'll have to give me the name of your tailor."

He eyes me for a moment before closing the door with a laugh.