She Loves Her Best Friend Girl. More than She should. Part 21

Matt Pov :

I got in the car and left those two losers behind. All I could think now is about Joelma, how did she live all these years. I wonder what exactly happened in that night and why her. The night was cold but obviously, I could not feel it but I could tell by the air I was breathing. I finally reached the lake, I parked my car but I could not see anyone but I still headed close to the lake. I waited there not too long, I heard steps coming from the forest. A small figure came out from the shadows, it was Joelma. She still looked the same but there was still something different about her. I wanted to hug her so much that I start approaching her, she raised her hand towards me and said, "Stop there Matt, you do not need to get closer than that." It hurts hearing her saying that so coldly. Only if I did not go on that stupid hunt, we would not have been in this situations.

"Joelma, I am not going to do anything bad to you. Why the distance." She looked down and then crossed her arms and looked at the moon. "I am used to it now. It been so long I have seen your face. But anyways, why you called me here." I bit my lips because I thought was obvious. "I want to know what happened, we suffered a lot with your lost. Obviously, I would want to be close to you again." She sarcastically laughed at what I said, "You were the first one to forget me, I just died and you were already hanging around that Luna girl." I rolled my eyes just thinking how stupid I was, then realised she was the one that visited Ryan that day. "Do not even get me started on her. So you were the one that pops in Ryan's room that day." She nodded and replied "I just wanted to see you guys one more time since I was not human anymore. But I did not even know that among ourselves someone else was not human, to begin with." I scratched my neck because I knew she was speaking about me. "How is Ryan, I miss him, not been able to connect with him through dreams anymore for the past year." I just scratched my nose because things were about to get steamy. "Do you still love him." She looked at me with a confused look "Obvious I do, that's why I have not dated anyone else and I am sure still love me." I took my phone out and start playing the recording. I could see the hurt and the disgust on Joelma face after hearing all that. I stopped playing the recording, it was pretty clear he did not feel that away anymore. "Yep, Luna was only with me to get to Ryan, to begin with. So in the end of the day, I lost two girls because of my brother. I am sorry Joelma." There was a pause, I could see tears dropping from her small face but I did not know what to say. "It hurts that I thought he loves me for eternity and that I rejected so many nice guys because of it. But it is ok, it was stupid of me thinking someone can love for that long." 

I still loved her. Even though I dated Luna, I still thought about Joelma every day, Luna was a just there to make me feel less empty, I was going to break up with her either way. So it was good things ended this way. She kept wiping her face and trying to make a brave one. "In the end of the day the same girl slept with both of my loves." I looked away because I could not deny the multiple times it happened but I never gave my all. "Yes, but I never gave my all, I never loved her the way I still love you Joelma. Yes you may have seen me with her laughing and so on, but you were not there at night. I use to wait for Luna to sleep and use to take a walk in places we have been. I use to cry to the point of sobbing constantly and get home and find my eyes red because of crying so much. Only I know how much I suffered all this years without her. She wiped the rest of her tears and got her composure back. "Well is time for me to go now. I think I have heard everything you wanted to say." I looked at her shaking my head, I was not done. I stood up and using my super fast ability approached her before she could block me from doing. I grabbed her tiny face and kissed her like I have never kissed anyone before. I could feel all the emotions that not even Luna could make me feel. I knew this is what you called love and no one could replace Joelma. She pulled back while running out of air and looked at me mad. "Are you stupid? What the hell you thinking you are doing Matt!" I had a smirk in my face and looked at her in the eye with no fear and said, "Making sure you know I still love you. No one is going to take you away from me and I am not going to let any one date you." She probably thought I was crazy but I was being serious. "Really? Who are you to tell me that after all this years ? Now that I can date anyone I want, you acting like that." I shook my head, "I will break every bones of his body, I am serious." I tried to remove the hair off her face but she took a step back and said " I will break yours, if you even try. Just continue with your life and I will continue with mine. You are a vampire and I am a werewolf."

I took a step forward to get closer to her. "I do not care. We will have hybrid babies then if you do not mind having children." She looked at me horrified and about to leave, I stopped her by holding her arm. "My point is.... I want to be with you forever, regardless of what we are. You got me now. Those people do not know you like I do." She falsely smiled, "They know me more than you. Do not forget I have spend more time with them. So do not be too quick in judging." I nodded agreeing with her. "Either way, I am here for you now. I do not care how long it takes, but I hope I can call you girlfriend one of this days." She crossed her arms again and was silent for a minute. "I will think about it." I smiled because it meant there was a possibility of happening and I was happy with that tiny possibility. She looked at me and rubbed her eyes, "Well I am going now, I am really tired, I was too anxious about meeting you so. So I need to rest." I did not wanted to make her more tired than she was so I just said "Alright, good night beautiful, may the angels protect you." She turned her back on me and started walking back the way she came from and said, "Where were they when I needed them." I stayed in silence while watching her go.