She loves her best friend, but too much than she should.

My phone rang loudly and I picked it up.

"Hey, Kim it is Joelma, get ready and go to the airport." I was confused about what she was going on about "What? Why?". She replied, "Just do it!". I couldn't do anything "Okay fine!"

Joelma has been my best friend for some time now. Believe it or not, we used to be enemies but all of a sudden we became best friends. She always helps me when I need it, so I can count on her. But now she is calling me to go to an airport randomly? What is she on about? I just picked up my stuff and got a taxi to the airport and waited for the worst.

Joelma's POV

Finally, here I am... Oklahoma. Let's see what you've got reserved here for me. I'm Kim's best friend. Mostly because she was getting unjustly bullied at school; I packed up my stuff and decided to come here for a while or forever; I don't know yet. I am going to study at the same school as Kim. I already took care of that back in the UK, my parents travel a lot, so they allowed me to study here. I am not going to let this bully business keep going, hell no, not even if I have to become a gang member! Maybe going too far.

I come off the airplane and head straight to the exit and show my passport and so on. I could see cutie Kim from afar. We have never met before, but I will never forget a friend's face. I got near her and waved my hand in her face and she just stood there speechless.

Kim's POV

People started coming off; I wasn't paying attention because I didn't know what I was doing here in the first place when I saw a girl waving her hand in my face. Was that Joelma? No, it couldn't be, I was dreaming. I stand there speechless for a few seconds. I was finally able to speak then "J...J.Joelma!". She laughed at my reaction "Yeah, who were you waiting for? Andy? Just joking. Yes, it's me. I know I don't look as pretty as you thought but let's go then." She was always rejecting her beauty ""Yes, you are! And what do you mean cmon?! What are you doing here?!". She crossed her arms looking kind of serious now "Duh... I came to protect you?!"

I was not sure what she was talking about "You are not allowed in the school grounds idiot!". She picked up her stuff and started heading to the exit "Yes, I am. I am going to study there with you, and let's see who is going to bully you more." She laughed. I think she was messing with me at that moment, no way would be happening. "Joelma are you alright? You are joking right?" She laughed again."No Kim, I'm not joking. I already took care of that in the UK. Now I don't know where I am going to sleep. I need to find a hotel.

I thought my bestie just come, no way she would be sleeping in a hotel."You can sleep in the house I am staying, but first we need to talk with them..." She agreed and we got in a Taxi that she kindly paid for both of us. Joelma was looking outside the Taxi window, and I yet couldn't believe she was right here with me! So I pinched her."Ouch! What was that for?" I reply to her with an obvious look "To see if you were real."She grabbed my face in her hands. Our faces were too close for my liking. "Kim, wake up. I am here and I am real."

Then she let go and I blushed. It's was upsetting she wasn't into girls like I was. In her love world only guys existed, so there was no way I could ever ask her out. We got home and I got in first, to my luck, everyone was watching TV. My parents died so I was living in a house with other kids and be taken care by my parents friends. "Hey everyone!" I said. Everyone said hi back to me and waited to me to speak. "I have a friend that just come from the UK... I didn't know she would come. But can she stay here for a while?"Mrs R spoke first. "I didn't know you have friends in the UK Kim. But she is a stranger. There is going to be the same rules for her like you have. If she is going to agree with them I am happy for her to stay here."

"Okay," I said nodding. I went outside and explained everything to Joelma. She agreed easily for me luckily. I took her inside to introduce her to everyone. "This is Joelma everyone. "Hello." She said with a slight wave, The boy's reaction what was what I expected: jaws hitting the floor. But I didn't think Mrs. R would have a smile on her face. "Welcome, Joelma."

"Thanks for letting me stay in your house for a while. If necessary, you should punish me when I do something wrong. "I don't think it will be needed Joelma right? "She smiled, "Maybe."Everyone started laughing. I didn't see what the joke was."Well, I am going to show Joelma our room," I said awkwardly. Everyone agreed and just went back to what they were doing before.